• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

GATOR BOWL VS TEXAS A&M, psyche RUTGERS

Judging from comments on the TAMU board, guessing their vaccination rate isn't that high. After all, the players are all invincible 20-year old kids and Covid is nothing but the sniffles and anyway just a Chinese hoax perpetrated with help from Biden and Fauci, and anybody who doesn't accept that is a liberal pussy.

Judging from comments on the TAMU board, guessing their vaccination rate isn't that high. After all, the players are all invincible 20-year old kids and Covid is nothing but the sniffles and anyway just a Chinese hoax perpetrated with help from Biden and Fauci, and anybody who doesn't accept that is a liberal pussy.

I snuck over there too. That was a mistake. Now I want to play even more to pound those morons into the ground.

Wait a minute? A school in Texas is having trouble with Covid? What another minute? Memphis did something shady? I'll be damned.

It's just mind boggling to me that TAMU is still a 3 point favorite.

Vaccination rate doesn't matter much for Omicron. And there are other factors to consider such as whether the kids have been boosted as well. Shit is everywhere and is going to run through everybody. It will very likely run through our team too in the next week. We probably shouldn't be casting aspersions on any other teams.

Vaccination rate doesn't matter much for Omicron. And there are other factors to consider such as whether the kids have been boosted as well. Shit is everywhere and is going to run through everybody. It will very likely run through our team too in the next week. We probably shouldn't be casting aspersions on any other teams.

this seems to be true, particularly if the vaccine is J&J. Denmark has a 78% vaccination rate and had a shit-ton of Omicron cases. The good news is that emerging data suggests hospitalizations are much lower than expected in Denmark. This would further suggest that we probably don't need to get too excited about an asymptomatic vaccinated 20-year-old and holding him out of football or basketball practice.

And it seems almost certain we will have asymptomatic cases on every sports team that tests for them over the next few weeks.

I mean, it matters if we’re talking about severity. We wouldn’t forfeit a game because everyone has a cold.

I mean, it matters if we’re talking about severity. We wouldn’t forfeit a game because everyone has a cold.

are you sure about that?

my understanding is that under current policy, enough POSITIVE CASES, regardless of severity, means forfeit.

are you sure about that?

my understanding is that under current policy, enough POSITIVE CASES, regardless of severity, means forfeit.

I was responding to the other comment saying vaccination rate doesn’t matter for omicron. Yes, under current rules it would be a forfeit. But if you’re vaxxed and get Omicron you still don’t really get sick. Remember when BC got the flu the week before our game? They were never going to forfeit because of that. You played if you felt well enough to play and didn’t if you didn’t feel well enough. That’s where we should be for vaxxed players.

I was responding to the other comment saying vaccination rate doesn’t matter for omicron. Yes, under current rules it would be a forfeit. But if you’re vaxxed and get Omicron you still don’t really get sick. Remember when BC got the flu the week before our game? They were never going to forfeit because of that. You played if you felt well enough to play and didn’t if you didn’t feel well enough. That’s where we should be for vaxxed players.

I think we are talking past each other. You are talking about "where we should be" and I am talking about where we are, currently. and where we are, currently - vaccination rates don't really matter; Omicron will show up in vaccinated people.

I think we are talking past each other. You are talking about "where we should be" and I am talking about where we are, currently. and where we are, currently - vaccination rates don't really matter; Omicron will show up in vaccinated people.

Yeah for sure. Something has to change.

There are a significant amount of breakthrough cases occurring unless you haven't been paying attention. And by "breakthrough", I mean people getting it who were fully vaxxed. They may not be hospitalized but they can still be sick for a week and we are going to try to prevent everyone from getting sick from it.

Vaccination status matters for the severity. But maybe not for just getting the illness right now.

Having said all this, I had COVID a month ago and was fully vaxxed and I was definitely sick for at least a week. Same thing happened to the friend sitting next to me, also fully vaxxed. Before I realized I had it, I passed it onto my parents who were also fully vaxxed. Dad ended up in the hospital for a few days. Mom had severe flu like symptoms but recovered. Both also received the "transfusion" after being confirmed positive.

This is going to affect a signficant percantage of our population.

There are a significant amount of breakthrough cases occurring unless you haven't been paying attention. And by "breakthrough", I mean people getting it who were fully vaxxed. They may not be hospitalized but they can still be sick for a week and we are going to try to prevent everyone from getting sick from it.

Vaccination status matters for the severity. But maybe not for just getting the illness right now.

Having said all this, I had COVID a month ago and was fully vaxxed and I was definitely sick for at least a week. Same thing happened to the friend sitting next to me, also fully vaxxed. Before I realized I had it, I passed it onto my parents who were also fully vaxxed. Dad ended up in the hospital for a few days. Mom had severe flu like symptoms but recovered. Both also received the "transfusion" after being confirmed positive.

This is going to affect a signficant percantage of our population.

1) then stop letting fans attend, and 2) if everyone is going to get it anyway then let players that feel fine play, and those that don’t can sit out (as long as vaxxed. If unvaxxed then go lock yourself in a room somewhere. I don’t care)

People watched the ACCCG.

Even then Wake held down a pretty potent offense. This isn't a potent offense with a walk-on QB. If Wake realizes that punting the ball isn't a bad result, they should be OK.

1) then stop letting fans attend, and 2) if everyone is going to get it anyway then let players that feel fine play, and those that don’t can sit out (as long as vaxxed. If unvaxxed then go lock yourself in a room somewhere. I don’t care)

Are you seriously suggesting that if someone has COVID but "feels fine" they should be able to play?

Back