• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

GATOR BOWL VS TEXAS A&M, psyche RUTGERS

My folks live in Jax so I've spent plenty of time there over a lot of years.

It used to suck. It doesn't suck so much anymore. Jax beach area in particular has come a long way - there is plenty of fun to be had.

I live in Riverside. Not much for accommodations (downtown and San Marco are about 5-10 minutes away but would need an Uber) but a nice little bar scene in our few blocks. Marriott, Hyatt and the Southbank are all short rides away. Upside to the Southbank is it has water taxi to TIAA Field. Also a lot of good bars within walking distance from it in San Marco.

The Marriott only has executive suites left at $800 per night.

Co-sign on Amelia Island, but it's a bit of a drive. There used to be a good Peruvian/ceviche place in Jax Beaches, but it seems to have closed. I like Aardwolf brewing.

We used to live walking distance of Aardwolf.

We booked a house at the beach since I’m bringing my family along. Kids daycare is closed that week anyway so might as well make a mini vacation out of it.

Will likely take the kids to the pep rally and potentially the game depending on whether we can find somebody to watch the kids.

I would still think Elko or Elliott could get a much better job (including just staying out). The facilities are awful, the team bottomed out and the administration doesn’t really care at all. Chances of failure for the next coach are astronomically high.

Also Jason Garrett? Lmfao

So we are going to the GATOR BOWL VS TEXAS A&M

Right, those sound more like VT targets. What in the wide world of sports is going on? Duke should not attract a better candidate than VT or UVA.

[Edited for clarity]

Last edited:
I could see Elko at Duke. He knows the blueprint for success used at Wake Forest and he would know the challenges. His value to Duke could be much greater than VT or UVA. He will know what questions to ask and could present a realistic timetable and level of commitment required of Duke. Maybe Duke is ready and willing to do what is required to be successful.

I could see Elko at Duke. He knows the blueprint for success used at Wake Forest and he would know the challenges. His value to Duke could be much greater than VT or UVA. He will know what questions to ask and could present a realistic timetable and level of commitment required of Duke. Maybe Duke is ready and willing to do what is required to be successful.

Well said. Penn grad as well. He’s about as close as Duke can get to Clawson. He’d be a great choice.

I feel like Elko can and will hold out for a higher-profile job than Duke.

A&M had, I think, the 3rd ranked scoring defense this year and there were like 15 P5 jobs that opened this year and all he got other than Duke was a sniff from UVA. He may think he just needs to go ahead and get in a HC job to be considered for the top jobs. Maybe he waits until next year for GT, Cuse or Louisville since he apparently likes the ACC but he may just be tired of waiting.

Always good to hear the thoughts from the king of the self-loathing Wake fans who has been notoriously absent all season.

A "semi random" bowl game?? LMAO

fuck all of you (lilburn et al) for hating on the gator bowl and making me agree with this chode

Maybe Clawson (Williams), Elko (Penn), Lea (Vandy) want to coach at private schools.

I don't post often but how does Sam get it back after his pouting and body language on national tv for the final 10:minutes? QBs have to show the ultimate leadership.

I don't post often but how does Sam get it back after his pouting and body language on national tv for the final 10:minutes? QBs have to show the ultimate leadership.

Hope that the 1-0 mantra really resonates with him and that that game is just over. Nothing you can do about it now.

It means we all see why he only has 32 posts in 10 years. 😂

25 of which were some variation of “we suck”, based on a quick perusal

fuck all of you (lilburn et al) for hating on the gator bowl and making me agree with this chode

Sorry. Let's meet up for a beer at the game.

I don't really hate the Gator Bowl and I think it was the best we could have ended up with after losing on Saturday. But I am still carrying a grudge for how "holier than thou" they were in 2006 when they thought they might be forced to invite us. Their public comments were about how Wake wasn't important enough to be invited to their game.

Gator Bowl is a great bowl and I’m thrilled to be going. I’m just bored by the opponent, but I’ll be there like I always am!

If we hadn't just played them a few years ago, I think we'd feel totally different. This the only team to have defeated Bama this season, a great opportunity for us.

Back