• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

GATOR BOWL VS TEXAS A&M, psyche RUTGERS

All set with tickets & accommodations - now interested in what the pre-game tailgating/drinking options are? Are there good bars near the stadium or will there be an organized WF tailgate starting early am?

All set with tickets & accommodations - now interested in what the pre-game tailgating/drinking options are? Are there good bars near the stadium or will there be an organized WF tailgate starting early am?

Intuition (a local brewery) has a spot that's a short walk away but doubt they would be a pre-game option. There's a couple of bars in the vicinity of the stadium, but it being bounded by freeways on three sides of the stadium and then the river is basically directly behind two of those freeways cuts down on the number of great options.

Intuition (a local brewery) has a spot that's a short walk away but doubt they would be a pre-game option. There's a couple of bars in the vicinity of the stadium, but it being bounded by freeways on three sides of the stadium and then the river is basically directly behind two of those freeways cuts down on the number of great options.

Intuition usually opens early for Jags games and I believe opened early for Florida-Georgia.

Texas A&M defensive lineman Jayden Peevy is declaring for the NFL draft, did not specify if he will play in the Gator Bowl. 11 games, 42 tackles, 7 TFL, 2 sacks, 1 INT, 1 FF.

Safety Leon O'Neal Jr. is declaring for the NFL Draft, will not play in Gator Bowl. Played in all 12 games. 58 tackles, 3 TFL, 2 sacks, 1 INT.

TAMU QB Zach Calzada just entered the portal. They may not have a scholarship QB available for the game.

TAMU must really think highly of this bowl and opponent. will Jimbo even show up?

Apparently there is no need to play this one
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/college-football-bowl-games-ranking-084031110.html

16. TaxSlayer Gator Bowl
Friday, December 31
ESPN, 11:00 am
TIAA Bank Field, Jacksonville, FL
Bowl Tie-Ins: ACC vs. SEC
Wake Forest vs Texas A&M

We know what’s going to happen. The question is how we’re all going to get at another Texas A&M bowl win.

Jimbo Fisher is 3-0 at A&M and 8-2 all-time in bowl games, and Wake Forest has lost its last two. However, it’s Wake Forest, the team brings the firepower and offense, and it’s going to open it up from the start.

It might be an Aggie victory, but this won’t be a boring way to kick off your New Year’s Eve day of games.

Line: Texas A&M -7, o/u: 59.5
Last Year: Kentucky 23, NC State 21
Pre-Bowl Ranking: 2020: 15, 2019: 10
Post-Bowl Ranking: 2020: 12, 2019: 15

Apparently there is no need to play this one
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/college-football-bowl-games-ranking-084031110.html

16. TaxSlayer Gator Bowl
Friday, December 31
ESPN, 11:00 am
TIAA Bank Field, Jacksonville, FL
Bowl Tie-Ins: ACC vs. SEC
Wake Forest vs Texas A&M

We know what’s going to happen. The question is how we’re all going to get at another Texas A&M bowl win.

Jimbo Fisher is 3-0 at A&M and 8-2 all-time in bowl games, and Wake Forest has lost its last two. However, it’s Wake Forest, the team brings the firepower and offense, and it’s going to open it up from the start.

It might be an Aggie victory, but this won’t be a boring way to kick off your New Year’s Eve day of games.

Line: Texas A&M -7, o/u: 59.5
Last Year: Kentucky 23, NC State 21
Pre-Bowl Ranking: 2020: 15, 2019: 10
Post-Bowl Ranking: 2020: 12, 2019: 15

We better not lose to a team without a QB, a DC, and its 2 best defenders.

With Calzada gone and Haynes King hurt, the only other QB throw pass for the Aggies this year is freshman walk-on Blake Bost. He threw 7 passes on the season. Completed 2 (both against Prairie View A&M). He also threw a pick against PV A&M.

obviously good news for our chances but still worried given A&Ms rushing attack will be the best we will play all year.

Rumblings from Aggie land that King is expected to be a go for the bowl game.

Could be a smokescreen but if Hemphill comes out looking confused that A&M is planning to run the ball and the defense allows 300+ yards on the ground I might stroke out in the stadium.

Could be a smokescreen but if Hemphill comes out looking confused that A&M is planning to run the ball and the defense allows 300+ yards on the ground I might stroke out in the stadium.

I think it’s wishful thinking. Jimbo already said no.

Would be odd for him to try and come back now (that would be like us trotting Donnie out there). I’d just rest him up for next year but i guess we’ll see
With regard to your stroke potential, uh i can’t help you there…

A severely depleted player and coaching roster 100% plays in to "The 12th Man" mythology, to the point that they could very well welcome and embrace it.

i'm worried that Devon Achane is going to run for one billion yards in the bowl game

I will be at the Gator bowl with 3 other Deacons. Let's GO. Looking forward to New Year's EVE! Will be on the Deacon official trip and hotel and party.

Last edited:
Back