• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

GATOR BOWL VS TEXAS A&M, psyche RUTGERS

Rumblings from Aggie land that King is expected to be a go for the bowl game.

Could be a smokescreen but if Hemphill comes out looking confused that A&M is planning to run the ball and the defense allows 300+ yards on the ground I might stroke out in the stadium.

Oh that could happen.

Lot of wishful thinking on here. King will play, TAMU boards say he practiced yesterday. We'd better be ready if we don't want to experience Pitt round two (or Clemson round three).

Lot of wishful thinking on here. King will play, TAMU boards say he practiced yesterday. We'd better be ready if we don't want to experience Pitt round two (or Clemson round three).

King is a freshman who hasn’t played a game since 9/11 and has grand totals of 3 TDs and 4 INTs in his career. I have no idea why he would decide to play in this game after such a long layoff but they aren’t exactly trotting out Trevor Lawrence here.

King is a freshman who hasn’t played a game since 9/11 and has grand totals of 3 TDs and 4 INTs in his career. I have no idea why he would decide to play in this game after such a long layoff but they aren’t exactly trotting out Trevor Lawrence here.

Doesn't matter, the backup QB always kills us no matter how bad the prior stats.

Doesn't matter, the backup QB always kills us no matter how bad the prior stats.

There is a difference between a backup QB and trotting out a walk-on. Load the box to stop run and dare the walk-on to beat you

There is a difference between a backup QB and trotting out a walk-on. Load the box to stop run and dare the walk-on to beat you

Yeah if King doesn’t play and they really only have a walk on there’s no way we should lose this game. Especially with Elko leaving and a few likely opt outs on their defense.

It's his opportunity to audition for his team and coach for next season. Now whether that team is the Aggies and the coach is Jimbo, might be a different story.

I don't know why, but I take great offense to this statement. Some of us had to live through the Jim Caldwell years.

Others of us lived through the Chuck Mills years. Didn't Caldwell get us into a couple of bowls?

Others of us lived through the Chuck Mills years. Didn't Caldwell get us into a couple of bowls?

Caldwell coached us in one bowl, versus Powerhouse 6-5 Arizona State. Ben Sankey and Morgan Kane blew out the Sun Devils 23-3. :bowrofl:

I think I read The Landing was demolished a couple of years ago. Isn’t that where most of the Wake fans met up in 2006 for the ACC Championship game? It seems like that was the place. I was pretty drunk that whole weekend though.

The Landing is gone. There are a couple of breweries by the stadium now.

Caldwell coached us in one bowl, versus Powerhouse 6-5 Arizona State. Ben Sankey and Morgan Kane blew out the Sun Devils 23-3. :bowrofl:

Christmas Day 1999. We snuck into the Aloha Bowl by upsetting #14 GT in the last game of the season to finish 6-5

Morgan Kane was a stud on NCAA football 99. 14 Year old me smoked the Heels at least once per week.

isn't a bowl game exactly the ideal time for a guy like that to play given the circumstances?

My boss went to A&M so I get more than I bargained for on their program. He’s pretty sure King is starting, FWIW. He may not, but that’s the expectation now.

They are bringing in a top 5 QB in this signing class, so King wants to show what he can do to be the front runner for next year’s QB job. A&M was also top 5 early this year and had their sights set on higher goals moving forward — their defense was good enough but their offense couldn’t make the leap with injuries this year. Those goals look a lot more reachable if they win a bowl game over a team everyone expects them to beat and start next year ranked top 10 again than if they lay an egg — it won’t change their team next year but it would change the hype going in.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CNx9wpENCuo

He sent me this gem. King can run (look at 0:41). Luckily our defense has done such a wonderful job against mobile QB all year….

Back