• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

My favorite albums of 2021

Mm yea Angel Olsen should have made my list I loved that one

this is a year more than any in recent memory where i feel more strongly about my favorite tracks than my favorite albums, i think

some things i really liked this year that aren't on the list:

Spirit of the Beehive - ENTERTAINMENT, DEATH
Ty Segall - Harmonizer
Wavves - Hideaway
Angel Olsen - Aisles
Iceage - Seek Shelter

this was a weird year... i was really looking forward to the new stuff from courtney barnett, lorde, james blake, and foxing, and almost all of those albums were disappointments imo. i guess the blake album was okay

and then there's the Parquet Courts album, which was OBVIOUSLY my most anticipated release of the year and which is now just sorta... there.

Donda is my Sympathy for Life.

Props that TWOD made the list but yeah, never heard of most of the others. I guess I listen to too many podcasts.

Townie, I am pretty surprised the Mountain Goats didn't make this list.

Also, I'd suggest people check out Will Oldham and Matt Sweeney's "Superwolves" 2021 album. Good stuff.

I may just be a dumb redneck, but the American Aquarium 2 volume "Slappers, Bangers, and Certified Twangers" cover albums are fun as hell.

Morgin Madison - Living the Phantasm is p good. A few songs are too David Guetta shout-out-to-his-family but Sun Walker is worth checking out, could be my favorite track of the year

Also Foo Fighters - Medicine At Midnight has some bangers

and then there's the Parquet Courts album, which was OBVIOUSLY my most anticipated release of the year and which is now just sorta... there.
Walking at a Downtown Pace gets better the more I listen to it

Couldn’t tell you another song on that album though

My Top 10 Songs of 2021

Pineapple Jam - Saib
That Life - Unknown Mortal Orchestra
Scratchcard Lanyard - Dry Cleaning
Sun Walker - Morgin Madison
Tangerine - Glass Animals (early ‘21 / late ‘20)
Waiting on a War - Foo Fighters
Klur - Panorama
A Dream I Have - Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs
Walking at a Downtown Pace - Parquet Courts
Elevation - Saib

Back