• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 WF Football Transfers Thread

If CBS picks right, he can get a good payday. Megabucks flowing into NIL. And then parlay to an NFL try.

Not that you were referring to me directly (or maybe you were), but I did wonder if Wake, as a school, had a problem when people like Walker, Sarr, Brown, and Newman transferred while Surratt, Dortch, D. Moore and Crawford (among others) turned pro without any guaranty of being drafted. That is a lot of talent to leave without a great reason to do so.

Fortunately, Wake has not had any other all-star level talent since Walker transfer. Greer, conceivably could fall into the that category by turning pro, but he has been so injured that he has not provided all-star level performance in a good while.

Is that unusual in the college sports landscape though? Feels like there are transfers and early entrants from a lot of places like that. Plus the basketball guys made the right decision to get the hell away from the coaches.

Is that unusual in the college sports landscape though? Feels like there are transfers and early entrants from a lot of places like that. Plus the basketball guys made the right decision to get the hell away from the coaches.

I'm not immediately familiar with guys leaving early not to get drafted at other schools, but maybe it is more common that I think. If so, that would answer the question.

I wish CBS the best of luck. Hope he rushes for 200+ a game and the Gamecocks go 0-12.

. . . Fortunately, Wake has not had any other all-star level talent since Walker transfer. . .

WF wants more all-star talent to commit, and play for WF for the duration. But WF cannot create individualized schemes for all players. It is a team sport. Ellison will only get better but we are a “RB by rotation” scheme for good reason. That scheme helps our fledgling RBs develop into potentially great RBs.

CBS to South Carolina. Good luck to him.

Let’s go CBS! You have now played for my two favorite teams!

CBS to South Carolina. Good luck to him.

Looks like he is going to be part of another 3 RB rotation.

If we strike out on Caleb Williams, I would be content with Jaxson Dart.

Who is the last USC starting QB that didn't transfer out?

not sure exactly where to post what these days, but this seems like a prime target for us

not sure exactly where to post what these days, but this seems like a prime target for us

Wake just waiting for a couple of UGA linbackers to hit the portal to complete the Jamie Newman trade.

Maybe Jamie Newman was the player to be named later from getting Brad White.

Unfortunately Murray transferred to Charlotte from Troy so he has no connection to Lambert. Looks like a great get.

Did Claw place him there? Seems odd for a landing spot. I do think he is an ACC level linebacker.

he was a backup linebacker at the worst position groups on one of the worst defenses in the acc. haven’t heard anything but seems very possible he didn’t have a choice of returning. looks like he chose bg over utsa.

Taylor spent 5 years at Wake and wants to keep going. Glad he found a place to do it.

he was a backup linebacker at the worst position groups on one of the worst defenses in the acc. haven’t heard anything but seems very possible he didn’t have a choice of returning. looks like he chose bg over utsa.

I liked DJ's athleticism for the position. The backup linebacker tag is a little gray. He was a starter as a Soph., and was on his way back from a major injury and ascending over the year. I thought he was one of the top 2 in the unit.

Back