• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 WF Football Transfers Thread

Going into the portal or has he announced a destination?

Seems like an unusual time to leave. Too late to start spring classes anywhere else.

Even though he's a PWO, that question will come up again. If you enter the portal after a certain amount of time has passed in the school's calendar year, your scholarship still has to be honored. It's not the second you put your name in the portal, they can use it for that semester like it is if you chose to transfer in December/January

Portal guys are far less likely than HS recruits to do the whole "Blessed to receive an offer from XXX #AGTG" social media post. I assume because they've already been through the circus once and building hype for recruiting websites and rankings is far less important when there is actual college tape out there. So we may have made a bunch more offers out that just weren't/aren't public.

I missed this, but this is a *very* important point.

Some guys aren't, some guys are. Kobie Turner wasn't recruited at really at all, so when he was in the portal, he was tweeting his offers left and right. Same with Jared Verse who ended up at FSU but had some huge offers.

Christian Turner on the other hand had Wisconsin, Oklahoma, Miami, Georgia Tech, Indiana, Northwestern, and Auburn all coming after him and you would've never known that from his twitter.

Wake is notorious for not having their transfer offers being public. CT, Luiji, Owen Carney (man that recruitment was frustrating), Casey Washington, hell even Kobie all never reported Wake offers on twitter. Wake does not like transfer or flip interest out there in the public

in his press conference, clawson confirmed we are done with transfers unless we see attrition in the spring

Zion Keith has decided he would rather give us an extra scholarship to use than stick around for another season.

best of luck to him -- a mutually beneficial move, i think.

i thiiink that just leaves us still one over on schollies based on our best estimates?

KJ Trujillo has decided to join him in the portal. I am guessing that the starters in the defensive backfield have really separated themselves from the crowd.

would guess james adams made a couple decisions today about who he wants in his room next year.

I’m surprised about Zion Keith, but hopefully his transferring is a good sign about our secondary depth.

Chase Monroe has entered the portal. Coincidentally the same day a former 4 star LB from Ohio State enters the portal.

Chase Monroe has entered the portal. Coincidentally the same day a former 4 star LB from Ohio State enters the portal.

Lejond Cavasos who entered the portal out of Ohio State is actually a CB for what it's worth.

We don’t have a whole lot of depth at LB so that could be an issue.

Lejond Cavasos who entered the portal out of Ohio State is actually a CB for what it's worth.

This does not sound good on the surface. Losing a player a position where Wake is thin does not sound ideal. Particularly with more spring practices to go.

i wouldn’t say we are thin at LB (especially if some of our rovers transition to LB). we lack quality of LBs, not quantity. if monroe is transferring, it’s probably bc he wasn’t gonna play.

i’m optimistic about jaylen hudson and dylan hazen. and now we should have some room to bring in a transfer as well.

On the other hand, I think Monroe is the first LB transfer after hiring Lambert and Spencer, so that's a good sign.

Back