• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 WF Football Transfers Thread

Zion Keith has committed to App State. Maybe Diggler will run into him next time he visits.

Goes from one bad secondary to another. He couldn’t really hang in the ACC but he shouldn’t have too much of a problem with the Sunbelt other than CCU, Marshall and JMU.

I am concerned about depth at LB.

I was going to post the same. I can't believe we have enough for our spring game. Hopefully, Clawson can work some magic via the portal. We desperately need bodies at this position.

I assume that's a joke, but our LB situation is so bad and we have some light DEs who could stand up, so it could be real.

No worries. Lambert is going to a 5-1-5 defense, with stand up ends that at times looks like a 3-4.

I like this as long as Garnes is the "1" at 5'11/205.

He was all over the field in that key win at Syracuse and then...Army.

Maybe he can just skip the Army game this year. Hate playing Army.

I like this as long as Garnes is the "1" at 5'11/205.

He was all over the field in that key win at Syracuse and then...Army.

Maybe he can just skip the Army game this year. Hate playing Army.

The unhealthy obsession with playing Army every damn year needs to end! Clawson has stated, on more than one occasion, we are almost guaranteed injuries coming from that game. I have to believe Clawson wants to put this series out of its misery. It's just so Ron Wellman.

Maybe we should recruit some ef'ing linebackers that can play. Sick of this excuse year after year. We have 7 tight ends on the roster. We should be loading up at linebackers given our shitty tackling and lateral speed.

It’s crazy that we always have enough beef boys to clean out a Bell Brothers but can’t find enough 6-0 to 6-3/220-240 guys with lateral quickness who can tackle. Is it that hard? UNC converted their starting QB into a MLB who got drafted.

Maybe we should recruit some ef'ing linebackers that can play. Sick of this excuse year after year. We have 7 tight ends on the roster. We should be loading up at linebackers given our shitty tackling and lateral speed.

Out of the 11 linebackers that they've signed since 2017, almost half of them have been either DQ'ed or missed 2 years of playing to ultimately transfer. They needed a better LB coach(which they've gotten) but it's a damn near impossible task when you're having to move a guy who... isn't as fast as you'd like at safety to linebacker. Recruiting is a crap shoot in general(Burley was a 4 Star, Monroe was a point away from being a 4 Star), that margin of error is absolutely zero when half the guys you have in the room aren't available.

And we like bashing on the TE pickup, I questioned it as well, but it's not like that position is some worthless spot. Whiteheart is the starter. Behind him is Harry Lodge(a true freshmen who you never expect to play year one and isn't even on campus yet), a second year TE in Ellis, Trey Boll who essentially lost his entire freshman year due to the pandemic, Frogge who is out for the year, and Hite who looked terribad last year. Bull is the same sort of insurance at TE that that the staff is looking for at LB and probably safety

with a new DC, LB and S coach, i think actually a good sign that non standout players are choosing to move on. obviously the important part is bringing in better players, but i think we have a great shot of doing so.

Back