• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 WF Football Transfers Thread

It seems we have good, new coaches and plenty of opportunity to play. Just need some salesmanship and effort.

Maybe we should recruit some ef'ing linebackers that can play. Sick of this excuse year after year. We have 7 tight ends on the roster. We should be loading up at linebackers given our shitty tackling and lateral speed.

I can’t imagine a defense coordinated by Brad Lambert is without talent at LB very long.

Can I introduce you to Jasheen Davis and Rondell Bothroyd

It's always fun to see how people see Vilain as this high level pass rusher last year(he was) and ignore the guy who had 1 less sack than him while going up against the better OT more often than not

what were the snap counts for each?

I'm a big Bothroyd fan and he was the best all-around DL last year, but I'm not sure we're comparing apples and oranges here

Wake D needs two starter level guys for every spot because of how fast the offense goes. Defense may get less than two minutes plus commercials to rest.

"but I'm not sure we're comparing apples and oranges here", said Yogi Berra.

Apples and oranges aren't that different really. I mean they're both fruit. Their weight is extremely similar. They both contain acidic elements. They're both roughly spherical. They serve the same social purpose. With the possible exception of a tangerine I can't think of anything more similar to an orange than an apple. If I was having lunch with a man who was eating an apple and-while I was looking away-he replaced that apple with an orange I doubt I'd even notice. So how is this a metaphor for difference I could understand if you said 'That's like comparing apples and uranium ' or 'That's like comparing apples with baby wolverines ' or 'That's like comparing apples with the early work of Raymond Carver ' or 'That's like comparing apples with hermaphroditic ground sloths.' Those would all be valid examples of profound disparity.

Apples and oranges aren't that different really. I mean they're both fruit. Their weight is extremely similar. They both contain acidic elements. They're both roughly spherical. They serve the same social purpose. With the possible exception of a tangerine I can't think of anything more similar to an orange than an apple. If I was having lunch with a man who was eating an apple and-while I was looking away-he replaced that apple with an orange I doubt I'd even notice. So how is this a metaphor for difference I could understand if you said 'That's like comparing apples and uranium ' or 'That's like comparing apples with baby wolverines ' or 'That's like comparing apples with the early work of Raymond Carver ' or 'That's like comparing apples with hermaphroditic ground sloths.' Those would all be valid examples of profound disparity.

Its amazing how these threads never get off topic.

Potential big time transfer for Wake's regular opponent.

Amarius Mims- UGA offensive left tackle - is in the portal and reported to be headed to FSU. That transfer would make the FSU game a lot tougher for Wake.

Guess we'll see who offers the better NIL package.

what were the snap counts for each?

I'm a big Bothroyd fan and he was the best all-around DL last year, but I'm not sure we're comparing apples and oranges here

in Pass rush 375 for Bothroyd, 296 for Vilain.Which is almost why the second part of that, "going against the better offensive tackle" is arguably the most important part. Luiji wasn't going up against D2 lines, but there was maybe... one team where the right tackle was as good as the left tackle and that was lil ole clemson

imo, vilain wasn't as good as his sack numbers would indicate. feels like he would disappear for long stretches.

Potential big time transfer for Wake's regular opponent.

Amarius Mims- UGA offensive left tackle - is in the portal and reported to be headed to FSU. That transfer would make the FSU game a lot tougher for Wake.

Guess we'll see who offers the better NIL package.

Staying at Georgia.

There seems to be a dearth of quality LB's in the portal. If we were looking for Oline, Dline or TE help, there seems to be plenty of options available, but for some reason, not many LB's available.

There seems to be a dearth of quality LB's in the portal. If we were looking for Oline, Dline or TE help, there seems to be plenty of options available, but for some reason, not many LB's available.

Agree.

And I don't expect Clawson et al. to just grab anybody. Gotta be somebody better than the guys already at Wake.

good linebackers are like finding good centers in basketball. If you're at least decent, everyone is knocking down your door in the portal. But those are few and far between

Back