• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 WF Football Transfers Thread

Redshirted in 2018. Started all but a few games in 2019 and 2020. Started every game last season and had 34 total tackles. Should have two years of eligibility.

Interesting get, I didn't realize we were in the market for a safety, but maybe with some of the recent entries to the portal we needed the depth. His production seemed to dip each season.

Anyone else unhappy that the Wake roster doesn't list CB/S and only DB's. I thought we were going into the season with Nick and Malik as our starting safeties, but I may be wrong.

Interesting get, I didn't realize we were in the market for a safety, but maybe with some of the recent entries to the portal we needed the depth. His production seemed to dip each season.

Anyone else unhappy that the Wake roster doesn't list CB/S and only DB's. I thought we were going into the season with Nick and Malik as our starting safeties, but I may be wrong.

Is Malik going to be ready for start of the season?

Nick, Chelen, Slocum, and Malik will be fighting for starting positions. Malik will be back soon and Slocum should be good for fall but with both of them coming off of injuries and Coby not being the healthiest person since he's been here.. you had to take one before even factoring that it's biblical law that 3 Wake safeties are supposed to get hurt every season

Is Malik going to be ready for start of the season?

Possible, but unlikely by the start of the season. Think Mustapha's injury was the key reason (along with 3 open spots on the roster) for landing Harris.

Realize its was in 2018, but Harris' offer list out of HS was ridiculous:

Clemson
tOSU
LSU
Auburn
Oklahoma
Penn State
Florida
Tennessee

Wow.

Last edited:
Possible, but unlikely by the start of the season. Think Mustapha's injury was the key reason (along with 3 open spots on the roster) for landing Harris.

Realize its was in 2018, but Harris' offer list of HS was ridiculous:

Clemson
tOSU
LSU
Auburn
Oklahoma
Penn State
Florida
Tennessee

Wow.

I assume he picked Vandy for the academics? Wonder why he didn’t look at us then, or if we didn’t offer. Vandy is such a brutal place to try to compete in the SEC.

I assume he picked Vandy for the academics? Wonder why he didn’t look at us then, or if we didn’t offer. Vandy is such a brutal place to try to compete in the SEC.

https://espnchattanooga.com/2021/11...ris-leaves-vanderbilt-enters-transfer-portal/

Harris had originally committed to Tennessee during his prep recruitment, but later flipped to Vanderbilt and then head coach Derek Mason. At the time, he also held offers from Auburn, Clemson, Florida, LSU, Ohio State and other top programs.

Went to the same HS (Baylor School) as WF baseball players Danny Corona and Nick Kurtz.

Realize its was in 2018, but Harris' offer list out of HS was ridiculous:

Clemson
tOSU
LSU
Auburn
Oklahoma
Penn State
Florida
Tennessee

Wow.

How could you exclude Biff's UGA bulldogs from his list of offers!!!!!!

Eldrick "Draco" Robinson (no I did not make up the nickname) a transfer LB from Georgia Southern got a Wake offer this weekend and will be visiting Wake this week. Actually played a bit for G.SA with 35 tackles and 2 ints. Has offers from a bunch of Group of 5 schools. A little on the light side at only 210, but could be an interesting addition.

Eldrick "Draco" Robinson (no I did not make up the nickname) a transfer LB from Georgia Southern got a Wake offer this weekend and will be visiting Wake this week. Actually played a bit for G.SA with 35 tackles and 2 ints. Has offers from a bunch of Group of 5 schools. A little on the light side at only 210, but could be an interesting addition.

Stats are a bit wrong here. He started 9 games and had 74 tackles. He was All Sun Belt third team as a true freshman. Would be a great addition I'd think.

https://gseagles.com/sports/football/roster/eldrick-robinson-ii/4780

Stats are a bit wrong here. He started 9 games and had 74 tackles. He was All Sun Belt third team as a true freshman. Would be a great addition I'd think.

https://gseagles.com/sports/football/roster/eldrick-robinson-ii/4780

35 solo tackles, forgive my shortening the stat line. At 210 pounds, I don't think he would be an immediate impact this season. After some time in the vaunted Wake Forest developmental and weight gaining program, I think you are correct in that he would be a nice upgrade on our LB corp. Masterson came in at 185 and left in the 230's, so I am not discounting a significant weight gain. His size is in line with several of our freshmen lb's.

Back