• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 WF Football Transfers Thread

My offseason transfer portal wish list:

RB- Zach Evans, TCU (0% Chance)
WR- Jake Bobo, Duke (maybe 5% chance)
DL- Stone Eby, SMU Ryan Johnson, Stanford
LB- Would be Nice
S- Brendon Harris, Vandy

My offseason transfer portal wish list:

RB- Zach Evans, TCU (0% Chance)
WR- Jake Bobo, Duke (maybe 5% chance)
DL- Stone Eby, SMU Ryan Johnson, Stanford
LB- Would be Nice
S- Brendon Harris, Vandy

ewww, I don't think we're hurting badly enough for WRs that I'd want this

DL/LBs definitely at the top of the list

wouldn't mind seeing a great pass catching TE.. really miss having a Cam Serigne type on the field

The last thing we need at the moment is another WR.

Donald Stewart is gone and Roberson is probably leaving. But y'all can hate on a 6'5 guy with extremely good route running ability, cause that doesn't work well in our offense apparently.

TE will be a tough sell. You would have to convince someone that they are going to be part of our offense when we haven't had a TE be a key component since Cam. 24 catches by TE's this year, which more than doubled last year's 10 catches.

Donald Stewart is gone and Roberson is probably leaving. But y'all can hate on a 6'5 guy with extremely good route running ability, cause that doesn't work well in our offense apparently.

TE will be a tough sell. You would have to convince someone that they are going to be part of our offense when we haven't had a TE be a key component since Cam. 24 catches by TE's this year, which more than doubled last year's 10 catches.

I mean, we would replace Stewart with Greene and Roberson with Key Williams. We also have Banks, who I would expect to be ready for an expanded role. And that is before you expect any contribution from the 6 other freshman (true and redshirt) WR on the team.

With other the other holes and limited scholarships, I would not take a transfer WR.

Well, I'd certainly take him if he would want to come, but for his standpoint I can't imagine him wanting to come somewhere that is already very solid at WR.

I mean, we would replace Stewart with Greene and Roberson with Key Williams. We also have Banks, who I would expect to be ready for an expanded role. And that is before you expect any contribution from the 6 other freshman (true and redshirt) WR on the team.

With other the other holes and limited scholarships, I would not take a transfer WR.

Generally agree, also Grimes sounds like he might be able to play right away. With that said, it depends on which WRs are available. If Clawson finds a player in the portal that will dominate at that position, then you take him even if WF is deep at a position, but there is no doubt that adding a WR is a luxury for WF, and there other spots with deep needs.

Last edited:
Well, I'd certainly take him if he would want to come, but for his standpoint I can't imagine him wanting to come somewhere that is already very solid at WR.

Sure I get it. But that's what Donald Stewart did. He committed when we had Sage, Roberson, Greene as our prospective starters with Perry, Williams, and Groulx expected to contribute.

Sure I get it. But that's what Donald Stewart did. He committed when we had Sage, Roberson, Greene as our prospective starters with Perry, Williams, and Groulx expected to contribute.

Sure that's what Stewart did and I'm glad he did, but I just would think Bobo would want to go somewhere that's he's almost sure to be a feature receiver. If he comes here and Greene is healthy and Roberson comes back, he may not even be on the 2 deep.

Wow I missed Jahmyr Gibbs is transferring to Bama. He's nasty good. The rich get richer.

Since we're talking about WRs, Taj Harris has seen our offense a couple times, and was pretty damn good at Cuse. Wonder if he'd consider.

Kane Patterson was a big HS LB recruit for Clemson (over tOSU and others) who is projected to transfer to Vandy. Seems like we could make a play.

And given my quest for a tOSU transfer that will likely never happen, Craig Young is a very athletic lanky LB/Rover who is leaving for more playing time. Seems like a good fit for our D.

Wow I missed Jahmyr Gibbs is transferring to Bama. He's nasty good. The rich get richer.

Since we're talking about WRs, Taj Harris has seen our offense a couple times, and was pretty damn good at Cuse. Wonder if he'd consider.

Kane Patterson was a big HS LB recruit for Clemson (over tOSU and others) who is projected to transfer to Vandy. Seems like we could make a play.

And given my quest for a tOSU transfer that will likely never happen, Craig Young is a very athletic lanky LB/Rover who is leaving for more playing time. Seems like a good fit for our D.

Taj Harris recently decommitted from Kentucky with the rumored reason being an academic issue. If there was an academic issue Kentucky then I'm just gonna say he is not an option for Wake.

He was committed to UK since entering the portal then decommited due to academic eligibility. That’s probably a pass for wake.

Yeah, but he was basically all they had at the position, whereas Stewart had Perry, Roberson, and Morin ahead in the mix, and Williams, too.

I took that to mean Bobo had a lot more production at Duke than Stewart had at Stanford before coming here.

Back