• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 WF Football Transfers Thread

https://247sports.com/college/east-...-will-enter-transfer-portal-179169835/?page=1

Looks like he was the 3rd CB for ECU, but wasn't that far behind the two starters. Graduated in 3.5 years with 2 years eligibility left. Offered by Yale out of high school according to 247 and rivals so presumably academics would not be an issue. WF did recruit but did not offer. Would likely be a solid reserve/depth player which we could use but I highly doubt that is what he is looking for since it appears he is leaving to find a starting job, likely at another G5 or an FCS school, but perhaps close to home, P5 team with championship aspirations and good grad degree would be enough of a selling point. Holmes and Carson look to be pretty firmly entrenched as starters going into next year so CB is a hard sell to a transfer if we are interested since most guys are leaving looking to play.

He was a fucking ball player before his injury. By the time of the Birmingham bowl he was turning into a super solid player.

Sucks to keep losing linebackers in their last year of ball. But so awesome to see DJ bounce back from his injury and I hope this dude finds success in whatever he does.

too bad he never really made it totally back from his injury. imo a win-win for him to find a place to play and us to save the scholarship. unfortunately imo taylor was one of the bigger representations of bad play for the defense. you’ve gotta imagine we were/are counting on finding a way to get him off the field next year between chase monroe coming back, some of the younger guys (hazen, hudson, bryant, etc.) and transfer portal.

While in Jax, Wake should grab Brandon Jennings, linebacker leaving MD. He's a Jax kid. Top uncommitted linebacker in the portal.

Tight end grad transfer offered. Mentioned on the recruiting thread.

I see linebacker and defensive back as positions of greater need.

Jaeger Bull from Rice. Wasn’t much of a receiving threat at Rice, maybe Clawson and Co see something I don’t. He’s getting married this week, so if you want to get him something off his registry and send a go Deacs message that’s up to you. I am unsure how that works with NIL money these days but maybe some candle sticks will win him over.

Jaeger Bull from Rice. Wasn’t much of a receiving threat at Rice, maybe Clawson and Co see something I don’t. He’s getting married this week, so if you want to get him something off his registry and send a go Deacs message that’s up to you. I am unsure how that works with NIL money these days but maybe some candle sticks will win him over.

Looks like he is a blocking TE to replace Chapman. Coaches must not be thrilled with the development of Boll, Hite and Frogge. Wonder if we see one of them hit the portal.

Or maybe Clawson just wants to add a veteran to the rotation until they’re ready kind of like Donald Stewart was for the WR corps.

Interesting move. CBS was totally overutilized in our offense. I don't see him find a better situation on a decent team.

Football is a copycat sport. After seeing KW3's bust-out this past season, could see interest from high profile teams largely based on what KW3 did at Michigan State.

Not surprising. I thought he would just end his career though. His body seems to be broken at this point. He did a lot of good things for us though for sure. I'll be pulling for him next year wherever he ends up.

I'm all for players having freedom of of movement and being able to find the best landing spot, but for every KWIII there's a Jamie Newman. I had some familiarity with Newman and his family prior to his coming to Wake, and let's just say that Jamie could have benefited from exiting college football at Wake and on a high note, and some of the associations/connections that comes with that as you go thru getting your life & career established. And I'm sure there are folks at or tied in to Wake who would still extend that helping hand, advice, etc., but when you leave for whatever reason with "unfinished business" that relationship is different.

Last edited:
CBS in the Portal as a grad transfer. Best of Luck to him.

Good luck to CBS as he moves to the next step in his life. He's been a great player during his years at Wake. He'll be missed.

I haven’t seen anything from CBS during his time at Wake that suggests he sees himself the way Walker/Newman did. He may just want a change of scenery but I seriously doubt he thinks Wake is holding him back from being a star.

I'm all for players having freedom of of movement and being able to find the best landing spot, but for every KWIII there's a Jamie Newman. I had some familiarity with Newman and his family prior to his coming to Wake, and let's just say that Jamie could have benefited from exiting college football at Wake and on a high note, and some of the associations/connections that comes with that as you go thru getting your life & career established. And I'm sure there are folks at or tied in to Wake who would still extend that helping hand, advice, etc., but when you leave for whatever reason with "unfinished business" that relationship is different.

And I doubt that he'll be getting any help from the UGA network

I haven’t seen anything from CBS during his time at Wake that suggests he sees himself the way Walker/Newman did. He may just want a change of scenery but I seriously doubt he thinks Wake is holding him back from being a star.

He may be making this as a long term career move. He's leaving as a graduate transfer, presumably to get a year of graduate school paid for by a football scholarship. That should be a step toward a career beyond being a football player.

Yeah, I'm largely in favor of the player empowerment caused by the transfer portal changes but I do think this is a good point I've read about some of the downsides.

I don't hate the suggestion (can't recall who made it) that transfers would lose a year of eligibility that would be regained upon graduation (although wouldn't have impacted Newman who had already graduated, or Walker who ended up only using three years).

Last edited:
With the free covid year, there are more than a few college basketball players on the third school, and some on the 4th. Crazy. Total free agency at this point.

Yeah, I'm largely of the player empowerment caused by the transfer portal changes but I do think this is a good point I've read about some of the downsides.

I don't hate the suggestion (can't recall who made it) that transfers would lose a year of eligibility that would be regained upon graduation (although wouldn't have impacted Newman who had already graduated, or Walker who ended up only using three years).

That system would hurt academically picky schools like Wake. A rSoph with three years of college transferring to Wake would have one academic year to finish graduation requirements. Given Wake's pickiness about accepting transfer credits, that could be a difficult to fulfill requirement.

CBS was way under appreciated. He was not the best runner of our RB's but he was by far the best blocker, which is essential in our offense. And he was a huge impact player on special teams.

The game at UNC fell apart when he went out and our offense wasn't the same the rest of the season.

I'm surprised by this move because I don't think he'll find a better situation, so I wonder if he's (smartly) using this extra year to go play football while enrolling in a top tier graduate program somewhere. In other words, more for academics than athletics.

Back