• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 WF Football Transfers Thread

CBS was way under appreciated. He was not the best runner of our RB's but he was by far the best blocker, which is essential in our offense. And he was a huge impact player on special teams.

The game at UNC fell apart when he went out and our offense wasn't the same the rest of the season.

TITCR. Best of luck to him. Great member of our team.

CBS was way under appreciated. He was not the best runner of our RB's but he was by far the best blocker, which is essential in our offense. And he was a huge impact player on special teams.

The game at UNC fell apart when he went out and our offense wasn't the same the rest of the season.

I think special teams is where he will be missed most. He was a solid tackler as gunner on punt coverage.

I'm surprised by this move because I don't think he'll find a better situation, so I wonder if he's (smartly) using this extra year to go play football while enrolling in a top tier graduate program somewhere. In other words, more for academics than athletics.

Gotta think as a W-S native, he may also just want to experience someplace new and different - I know I did. :cool:

Interesting move. CBS was totally overutilized in our offense. I don't see him find a better situation on a decent team.

Isn't this what everyone said about Walker? I guarantee he'll see interest from high profile teams largely based on what KW3 did at Michigan State. I also worry that this will deepen an inaccurate perception that WFU is not the best place to pad your stats as an RB.

I do think this will actually help recruiting as RB's will see this and see more of an opportunity.

Thank you CBS, you were a warrior and we'll miss you.

Win-win. Time to move on. He’s been at WF 5 years and he’s about our 4th best RB. We are loaded at RB. I’ll bet the coaches encouraged him to make this move.

Isn't this what everyone said about Walker? I guarantee he'll see interest from high profile teams largely based on what KW3 did at Michigan State. I also worry that this will deepen an inaccurate perception that WFU is not the best place to pad your stats as an RB.

I do think this will actually help recruiting as RB's will see this and see more of an opportunity.

No. Everyone said Walker should have been our feature back and tote the rock 39 times a game. Just like he did when he left.

I do not remember anyone, anywhere on this board claiming that Walker was overutilized

I have to assume he was told it might be time to move along. The young guys have waited their time. It's time to move on to the next chapter. I wish CBS nothing but the best. He did a lot for the program while he was here

I have to assume he was told it might be time to move along. The young guys have waited their time. It's time to move on to the next chapter. I wish CBS nothing but the best. He did a lot for the program while he was here

Yep. It was either CBS or some of our young RBs in the portal.

Football is a copycat sport. After seeing KW3's bust-out this past season, could see interest from high profile teams largely based on what KW3 did at Michigan State.

LOL what? CBS averaged less than 4YPC against ACC opponents.

If I were Beal-Smith, I would have turned pro instead. I think his best chance is to stick as a special-teams guy in the league who can pinch-hit as a 3rd-down back if someone else gets hurt.

If I were Beal-Smith, I would have turned pro instead. I think his best chance is to stick as a special-teams guy in the league who can pinch-hit as a 3rd-down back if someone else gets hurt.

He doesn’t have any pro prospects.

I do not think he was underappreciated at all. I thought he was our best RB.

you can say that, but he certainly would get a free-agent deal of some sort. Undrafted guys who can play special teams make the league from time to time.

Hopefully that opportunity is still there in a year. He was a really good special teams player.

He hasn't shown much pass catching ability at Wake. That is important for NFL third down backs.

He hasn't shown much pass catching ability at Wake. That is important for NFL third down backs.

Because this offense doesn’t pass to RBs much. He was fine when called to do so.

Back