• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 WF Football Transfers Thread

Isn't this what everyone said about Walker? I guarantee he'll see interest from high profile teams largely based on what KW3 did at Michigan State. I also worry that this will deepen an inaccurate perception that WFU is not the best place to pad your stats as an RB.

I do think this will actually help recruiting as RB's will see this and see more of an opportunity.

Thank you CBS, you were a warrior and we'll miss you.

No, I don't think that's what everyone said.

What’s Purdue’s LB corps like and would any be interested in a change of scenery?

CBS was a good player for a long time. He repped Wake well. Best of luck to him.

CBS was a good player for a long time. He repped Wake well. Best of luck to him.

Totally agree. He grew up in W-S and at Wake. Good luck to him as he takes on a new experience in his grad year. Best of luck to him. He gave his all for Wake.

Caleb Williams to Wake? Maybe his former High School center, Luke Petibon can talk him into it.

Aint happening, but imagine the numbers he would put up in our system.

Zach Evans is also probably not happening as he is looking at Ole Miss.

Totally agree. He grew up in W-S and at Wake. Good luck to him as he takes on a new experience in his grad year. Best of luck to him. He gave his all for Wake.

In one of the Wake sports FB groups, someone commented about CBS leaving "Dear God, no!" And I think that they were serious. I hate that he is leaving but that seems to be a bit of an overreaction.

In one of the Wake sports FB groups, someone commented about CBS leaving "Dear God, no!" And I think that they were serious. I hate that he is leaving but that seems to be a bit of an overreaction.

hometown hero types ("He grew up in W-S and at Wake") are typically gonna be a bit overrated. solid player, but seems to get more benefit of the doubt / excuses than most in recent memory.

Caleb Williams to Wake? Maybe his former High School center, Luke Petibon can talk him into it.

Aint happening, but imagine the numbers he would put up in our system.

Zach Evans is also probably not happening as he is looking at Ole Miss.

There are rumors that UGA is lining up a massive NIL offer for Williams to entice him to Athens. It really is total free agency at this point. FWIW, I hope the rumor is true and Williams has a Newman-like UGA experience.

I really hate to see CBS leave. We are going to miss his blocking skill. A skill that is OFTEN undervalued. It's not the sexy part of being a RB but vital to winning with our offense.

But I get it. He probably wants to try something new. I appreciate all that he did for Wake and giving us a great season.

There are rumors that UGA is lining up a massive NIL offer for Williams to entice him to Athens. It really is total free agency at this point. FWIW, I hope the rumor is true and Williams has a Newman-like UGA experience.

Honestly what’s the point anymore? I’m glad the players are able to make money for themselves and have more freedom to move among programs but this is ridiculous.

What’s the point of college football that is. Just create a G league-type junior pro level for these guys.

What’s the point of college football that is. Just create a G league-type junior pro level for these guys.

Or have the NFL say that they can start drafting HS kids. Or reinstitute the transfer penalty (except for grad transfers). I think the first one would allow the NCAA to somewhat function again. The second one would discourage transferring to the highest bidder. Either move would restore some sanity

The Georgia thing for Williams was something that got spread around by the board geniuses account. From what I’ve read Georgia is apparently not involved with Williams nor is USC. The supposed leaders are Auburn, LSU and UCLA(makes no sense but apparently they are going to meet) if he doesn’t return to Oklahoma. Maybe ND or Miami as well. Too many places have pretty well settled QB situations or don’t want to upset the apple cart with their young QBs and incoming recruits.

Although apparently his girlfriend or at least former girlfriend attends UNC so that’s out there.

Stetson Bennett has one year of eligibility left !!

As long as football and men's basketball generate cash to pay for other sports, it will be hard to separate them out.

I like the NBA-G-League option of not going to college. Now it needs to be backed with a two or three year period of college players not draft eligible. Go pro out of high school or go to college for two or three years.

Or have the NFL say that they can start drafting HS kids. Or reinstitute the transfer penalty (except for grad transfers). I think the first one would allow the NCAA to somewhat function again. The second one would discourage transferring to the highest bidder. Either move would restore some sanity

Don't see the transfer rule ever changing back to the way it was. Everything is moving in the direction of allowing unrestricted free agency each semester to college athletes. The rules now are great for super-star athletes. Thy get offered big NIL deals coming out of HS (or even in HS), which continue into college, and if they don't like the college choice they can transfer as many times as they want without any reason (or to look to maximize NIL earning). As has been raised on this board, the flip side of the new rules is that there are a large percentage of athletes that now go into the portal, their college cuts them loose, and they can't find a landing spot other than JUCO, D2 or NAIA. Also, for most schools the idea of a 4 year scholarship offer is continuing to vanish, if a college now doesn't see an immediate future for an athlete, they now can and do nudge him into the portal to clear his scholarship.

IIRC, a student athlete can only transfer once without having to red shirt, so there are limitations.

The volume of players choosing this option is staggering compared to the recent past. Keep in mind there are over 11,000 football players on scholarship. It's not difficult to believe that 10%-20% would seek change any given year, especially considering players beyond the two deep seldom play.

The fact that the P5 universities are receiving in excess $25,000,000 each year guarantees they will find ways to adapt to the changes. What has always been denied is now out of the shadows and under the spotlight. It's all about the money and in many respects it always has been.

WR Stephen Gosnell of UNC and East Surry entered the portal today. We recruited him out of high school, but he would have a hard time getting reps at slot for us. Maybe a backup at WR. 3 years of eligibility left.

Back