• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 WF Football Transfers Thread

Honestly what’s the point anymore? I’m glad the players are able to make money for themselves and have more freedom to move among programs but this is ridiculous.

I guess I am not seeing the Armageddon others might. Each team can only play 11 at a time(hard to expect a big NIL deal from the Pine), sign 85 total and roughly 25/yr. No matter the NIL deals. Ewers and others will have many businesses restructuring and realigning the “million dollar deals

IMHO, multiple issues have driven the current level of transfers: Covid and the schedule disruptions; NIL and the differing levels of available compensation; the very recent elimination of the year sit-out requirement, making transfers eligible immediately.

Female college athletes are going to wreck this system. Going to be Title 9 on steroids. Going to be the next big thing.

Female college athletes are going to wreck this system. Going to be Title 9 on steroids. Going to be the next big thing.

Title IX concerns number of scholarships and coaches salaries, what does NIL deal have to do with that? NIL is money provided by sources outside the school. Many female athletes have signed quite lucrative endorsements.

Let the kids get paid. Quinn Ewers got money, went to OSU, didnt play and then transferred to Texas where he was more likely to play. Businesses arent going to be dropping a million bucks on players who sit on the bench. Guys will continue to transfer, players will continue to make money, and the rich will continue to get richer. I dont see the whole sale destruction of the sport that many others are.

Transfer LB options

Jackson Sirmon from Wash- actually from TN, led the Huskies with 91 tackles last season.
Jackson Bratton from Alabama- sophomore who hadnt seen the field. 4 star out of HS
Gabe Reid from Stanford- would be a grad transfer.
Jackson Hannah from Neb- just wanted to add another Jackson
Khali Saunders from Purdue- 2 years of eligibility left from Illinois, 9 tackles this season
Chrishawn Long from Purdue- 4 years of eligibility from Ohio, no stats

Transfer LB options

Jackson Sirmon from Wash- actually from TN, led the Huskies with 91 tackles last season.
Jackson Bratton from Alabama- sophomore who hadnt seen the field. 4 star out of HS
Khali Saunders from Purdue- 2 years of eligibility left from Illinois, 9 tackles this season

I would be going all out on Bratton not knowing a thing other than he is a 4 star probably sitting behind a future NFLer. Has to be a massive upgrade for us.

Transfer LB options

with Lambert coming, we should be in a position for the two from Purdue or know to stay away.

We are still two schollies over the 85 limit (but have an offer extended out to TE Jaeger Bull), so lots of movement still to come -- likely from other schools as well, especially with some domino effect as guys commit. Last year, Jacquez Williams only entered the portal on Jan 31st (Walker and Rucker on January 4th).

JAEGER BULL also has two years of eligibility -- makes me suspect we aren't happy with our younger tight ends, which in turn makes me suspect there will be some attrition there.

Last edited:
And realistically if you can get a guy named “Jaeger Bull” you pretty much have to take him no matter what.

And realistically if you can get a guy named “Jaeger Bull” you pretty much have to take him no matter what.

Definitely a candidate for the "all name team."

Great name but not at same level as Godspower Ofer or Gelo Orange.

Phlandrous Fleming is still the best name I have seen come through the portal. I have watched Florida a couple of times this season just to watch him.

CBS was a good player for a long time. He repped Wake well. Best of luck to him.

This is a big special teams loss. Going to miss him. WHY CBS?? :tear:

Could be a really great season next year with Lambert now at DC.

Transfer LB options

Couple more to add

Shayne Simon from Notre Dame - graduate with 2 years left, HS 4 star, started in 2020 but only made 14 tackles, injured shoulder in season opener this year, HS teammate of Chase Jones

West Weeks from Virginia - played as true freshman this year, 3 years left, played 10 games, made 31 tackles w/ 1 sack, has 2023 LB brother, from GA, broke leg vs VT, USCw offered already

Anyone on Purdue’s defense outside those in the portal worth seeing if they want to wear a different kind of gold and black? Did the other coach come as well?

We are still two schollies over the 85 limit (but have an offer extended out to TE Jaeger Bull), so lots of movement still to come -- likely from other schools as well, especially with some domino effect as guys commit. Last year, Jacquez Williams only entered the portal on Jan 31st (Walker and Rucker on January 4th).

JAEGER BULL also has two years of eligibility -- makes me suspect we aren't happy with our younger tight ends, which in turn makes me suspect there will be some attrition there.

Jaeger Bull has 1 year left. 10 games in 2018, 12 in 2019, and 11 this season

Back