• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 WF Football Transfers Thread

We are still two schollies over the 85 limit (but have an offer extended out to TE Jaeger Bull), so lots of movement still to come -- likely from other schools as well, especially with some domino effect as guys commit. Last year, Jacquez Williams only entered the portal on Jan 31st (Walker and Rucker on January 4th).

JAEGER BULL also has two years of eligibility -- makes me suspect we aren't happy with our younger tight ends, which in turn makes me suspect there will be some attrition there.

Jaeger Bull is an absolutely legendary name

Jaeger Bull says he has one year left:

By the way, JAEGER BULL caught one ball for 2 yards at BB&T field in 2018 and watched Hartman throw for 241 yards and four touchdowns (all TD's to Dortch, although Freudenthal and Chapman both caught some balls)

Jaeger Bull has 1 year left. 10 games in 2018, 12 in 2019, and 11 this season

ah good call -- - misread a retweet on his timeline that was from his teammate

although i still wouldn't be surprised if one of our tight ends decided to move on. suggests that we don't think hite will be playable as a backup tight end in his fourth year in the program, or boll and frogge in their third year.

Last edited:
ah good call -- - misread a retweet on his timeline that was from his teammate

although i still wouldn't be surprised if one of our tight ends decided to move on. suggests that we don't think hite will be playable as a backup tight end in his fourth year in the program, or boll and frogge in their third year.

always dangerous to try to apply one's own thoughts to someone else's situation, but as the father of two recent college graduates, I would say that if my son came to me 3/4 of the way through his free WF education, unhappy with playing time, I would strongly suggest to him that he complete his degree. If the kid hasn't seen the field in 3 years, he's not playing pro football, and if that's the case, he may as well maximize his education; can't imagine someone doing that elsewhere.

that said, it seems strange to me that we offered a scholarship to a TE with so many on the roster

and of course the final point is that just because this kid tweeted he had an offer from WF, that does not mean he has an actual scholarship offer

always dangerous to try to apply one's own thoughts to someone else's situation, but as the father of two recent college graduates, I would say that if my son came to me 3/4 of the way through his free WF education, unhappy with playing time, I would strongly suggest to him that he complete his degree. If the kid hasn't seen the field in 3 years, he's not playing pro football, and if that's the case, he may as well maximize his education; can't imagine someone doing that elsewhere.

that said, it seems strange to me that we offered a scholarship to a TE with so many on the roster

and of course the final point is that just because this kid tweeted he had an offer from WF, that does not mean he has an actual scholarship offer

Can confirm he does have an actual scholarship offer

Just because there’s been debate elsewhere as I’ve tried to put together the roster/scholarship situation and we don’t have 100% agreement, my understanding is Jackson Hensley and Zavier Simpson are on scholarship and Jonathan Saklad is a walk-on. Are any of those assumptions incorrect?

Bull has been at Rice four years and is getting his degree there. He will be a grad student transfer wherever he ends up. Bachelor's from Rice. Masters from Wake. Good base for a non football playing career.

Bull has been at Rice four years and is getting his degree there. He will be a grad student transfer wherever he ends up. Bachelor's from Rice. Masters from Wake. Good base for a non football playing career.

Yes. I was referring to current WF players and the speculation that they may transfer after 2-3 years at WF

Yes. I was referring to current WF players and the speculation that they may transfer after 2-3 years at WF

Shocking though it may be, some guys on the WFU football team are more interested in playing football than in the quality of the degree.

If they need to go to a lower level school to play, that is what they will do. Maybe not the smart decision for long term, but...

LOL at “quality of the degree.” Based on there logic, maybe they transfer to Rice, Vandy, Cal, Duke, or UVa and get a “better” degree.

Shocking though it may be, some guys on the WFU football team are more interested in playing football than in the quality of the degree.

If they need to go to a lower level school to play, that is what they will do. Maybe not the smart decision for long term, but...

And…

Shocking though it may be, some guys who have invested 3 years of their lives towards something will want to see it through over one last year. Particularly if they are listening to reasonable advice.

LOL at “quality of the degree.” Based on there logic, maybe they transfer to Rice, Vandy, Cal, Duke, or UVa and get a “better” degree.

That hasn't happened though. Most have transferred to a lower tier school to get playing time. Going back and looking at 5 years of transfers, no one has transferred to a higher ranked school. This is not to say they did not earn their degree first. What we have seen though are players from Stanford, USNA and Harvard transfer to Wake.

Transfer LB options

Jackson Sirmon from Wash- actually from TN, led the Huskies with 91 tackles last season.
Jackson Bratton from Alabama- sophomore who hadnt seen the field. 4 star out of HS
Gabe Reid from Stanford- would be a grad transfer.
Jackson Hannah from Neb- just wanted to add another Jackson
Khali Saunders from Purdue- 2 years of eligibility left from Illinois, 9 tackles this season
Chrishawn Long from Purdue- 4 years of eligibility from Ohio, no stats

Sirmon committed to Cal last night. But interesting note, Chris Coulter, Director of Wake Football Recruiting follows Jackson Hannah on twitter. It looks like Bratton will end up at UAB and Gabe Reid is looking at Utah schools. No word on the Purdue LB's.

Just because there’s been debate elsewhere as I’ve tried to put together the roster/scholarship situation and we don’t have 100% agreement, my understanding is Jackson Hensley and Zavier Simpson are on scholarship and Jonathan Saklad is a walk-on. Are any of those assumptions incorrect?

i do not have any actual information, but someone else said hensley and simpson were not on scholarship which is validated by the fact that neither signed LOIs. it’s still possible they were later given schollies (eg nick andersen) but my assumption is that none of the three are carrying a scholarship slot.

Interesting that neither signed an LOI. Where did you find that info for my future reference? That’s probably a good sign that you’re right.

I cobbled the list together from the roster cross-referenced with our recruiting classes per ESPN/247 and just found it interesting that recruiting sites picked up both and included them in their classes their respective years, and showed offers (commit to Harvard for Hensley) prior to committing to Wake. Assuming they aren’t on scholarship, then yes we are still 2 guys over the limit before additional net transfers.

Entered portal

Troy Brown LB Central Michigan - grad transfer, 1 year remaining, 3 time 1st team All MAC

Back