• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 WF Football Transfers Thread

35 solo tackles, forgive my shortening the stat line. At 210 pounds, I don't think he would be an immediate impact this season. After some time in the vaunted Wake Forest developmental and weight gaining program, I think you are correct in that he would be a nice upgrade on our LB corp. Masterson came in at 185 and left in the 230's, so I am not discounting a significant weight gain. His size is in line with several of our freshmen lb's.

From a depth standpoint, he has a year of college football under his belt and we have an open scholarship. I wouldn't expect him to contribute this year, but he absolutely could if he had to and that's the important thing. I'd love to have him if he's interested.

35 solo tackles, forgive my shortening the stat line. At 210 pounds, I don't think he would be an immediate impact this season. After some time in the vaunted Wake Forest developmental and weight gaining program, I think you are correct in that he would be a nice upgrade on our LB corp. Masterson came in at 185 and left in the 230's, so I am not discounting a significant weight gain. His size is in line with several of our freshmen lb's.

He already made an impact in the Sun Belt. I assume he’s up from the 210 he measured out at a year ago.

Fair enough. I don't think he would come in and be a starter next year, but I think based on his play at Georgia Southern he absolutely could be in the 2 deep at LB next year if he were to come to Wake.

A lot of posters on this board complain quite a bit about a lack of speed at LB, so if this guy has some I'd imagine he could get some PT even at the likely 215-220 pound range he would be in by the start of his second year in CFB.

Another guy Wake is showing interest in is former Miami LB, Tirek Austin Cave, who has 5 (solo) tackles over 2 seasons. Wake had previously offered him out of HS.

Not directly Wake, but what could happen next season:

U of Del QB Cade Pribula is transferring after three seasons of waiting. The starter ahead of him was granted an extra medical redshirt year, so he would be in line to start as a fifth year guy and play one after that.

He has three years eligibility and graduates in three weeks with a degree in finance. He possibly could have four years eligibility, as he was injured most of the one season of eligibility he used. He will grad transfer somewhere. He could have a Ph.D. before he uses up his eligibility.

Just another tale about how crazy Covid made the college football world.

ETA: Wake will have three guys with three years of waiting behind Sam for 23. Only one will get the starting job.

Last edited:
Not directly Wake, but what could happen next season:

U of Del QB Cade Pribula is transferring after three seasons of waiting. The starter ahead of him was granted an extra medical redshirt year, so he would be in line to start as a fifth year guy and play one after that.

He has three years eligibility and graduates in three weeks with a degree in finance. He possibly could have four years eligibility, as he was injured most of the one season of eligibility he used. He will grad transfer somewhere. He could have a Ph.D. before he uses up his eligibility.

Just another tale about how crazy Covid made the college football world.

ETA: Wake will have three guys with three years of waiting behind Sam for 23. Only one will get the starting job.

I think Wake offered his brother out of HS.

I think Wake offered his brother out of HS.

His younger brother is a freshman at Penn State fall 22. They would have played each other, as U of Delaware is playing at PSU this fall.

Older bro still holds their HS yardage record. Younger bro took the TD record though.

Apparently Billy Edwards took a look at Wake and saw a situation developing like Pribula saw at U of D.

Sorry he's leaving. He might have been the next guy at Wake.

Wake already showing interest in former 4 * Aaron Willis, Freshman LB from Tennessee who entered the portal yesterday. Originally from Bmore and played HS in Richmond. Had 1 tackle last season.

Eldrick "Draco" Robinson (no I did not make up the nickname) a transfer LB from Georgia Southern got a Wake offer this weekend and will be visiting Wake this week. Actually played a bit for G.SA with 35 tackles and 2 ints. Has offers from a bunch of Group of 5 schools. A little on the light side at only 210, but could be an interesting addition.

Change our name to Hogwarts because Draco is coming.

Robinson was 3rd team Sunbelt as a Freshman. He should be able to come in and contribute early. Looks like a really solid young player. 3 years of eligibility.

On that note, We brought in a Safety, LB, DT and TE. Really solid group of transfers. Idk if we are done or not, but it's nice being a developmental program and not having to rely on hitting the portal too hard.

Yeah. All of the transfers are expected to contribute but not to be stars.

And between Draco and Jaeger Bull, we have some amazing transfer names.

Definitely expect Robinson to earn some PT right off the bat. All conference recognition as a true frosh for what has been a quality football program over the years is a great sign.

Chase Monroe to Charlotte. He should have plenty of playing time there and it’s close to home.
Sorry things didn’t work out for him at Wake. Too many injuries.
Good luck to him.

Chase Monroe to Charlotte. He should have plenty of playing time there and it’s close to home.
Sorry things didn’t work out for him at Wake. Too many injuries.
Good luck to him.

Figured he would go to Charlotte. His best friend is Nolan Groulx who also ended up at Charlotte.

Back