• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#1 Fan Gregory Slade (aka the Pointer) a Victim of Hit and Run

Awful. So sorry to hear this. Hope the school can give recognition before the VMI game.

Can you confirm the recipient of the GoFundMe? Just want to make sure its the family or the right person to get the money.

Awful. So sorry to hear this. Hope the school can give recognition before the VMI game.

Can you confirm the recipient of the GoFundMe? Just want to make sure its the family or the right person to get the money.

Yes it’s the right gofundme. I believe Tykeia is his niece I want to say but it’s the same gofundme his brother posted and various other people.

Horrible. Not many people in this world bring as much joy to others as Greg did.

This is heartbreaking. Everybody on campus knew the pointer, and now I know his name was Gregory and he was a military veteran and a family man. I’ll never forget celebrating with him on the quad after we beat Duke in 2020. He got on the line for a Subway sandwich after rolling the quad just like he was a student. Our school owes him a debt of gratitude and I hope we are able to honor him at our game tomorrow night, or at whatever time is most welcome by his family. Always brought so much joy to campus when it was needed most.

Horrible. Not many people in this world bring as much joy to others as Greg did.

Man this is devastating. You're right, such a nice guy who always brought great vibes. I'd be having a shitty day and drive by that dude pointing at me across from Putters and things seem to get a little better.

He will be big time missed by the Wake community. Much love to his family and prayers for their healing.

Damn. I remember being up that way before in the past on gameday and really loved his enthusiasm. People like him are why I love sports.

I hope our more prominent sporting alumni are able to be reached with this news as their ability to support the family with kind words or even small donations would surely be very meaningful to the family and to Greg. Trust me, any Wake athlete from the last decade and presumably longer would remember this guy. I even remember seeing him at an NCAA tournament soccer game at Spry on the hill pumping up the students.

Looks like they've already met the goal and I have a feeling it's going to far exceed that.

Wake has shown how special a community we can be today by raising this much money so quickly. I am proud as ever to be a member of this fanbase, the student body, and soon the alumni community. I hope the family can tell how much we all appreciated his joy. I remember giving him a fist bump on the field after beating State and thinking of how big a moment a night like that would be for a lifelong fan like him and so many of you on this board. For those of you who are able/comfortable to attend games, I hope you join in a moment of silence tomorrow night. I will be following along from NJ.

This is devastating. Definitely a major symbol of the community. Already seeing a lot of athletes and other members of the Wake community donating.

I hope our more prominent sporting alumni are able to be reached with this news as their ability to support the family with kind words or even small donations would surely be very meaningful to the family and to Greg. Trust me, any Wake athlete from the last decade and presumably longer would remember this guy. I even remember seeing him at an NCAA tournament soccer game at Spry on the hill pumping up the students.

Quite a few recognizable names from WFU athletics on the list of donors, plus a number I'd guess who did so anonymously.
This story has really touched me; just added my very non-athletic, non-recognizable name to the list of donors.

More than $20,000 raised so far. Lots of nice comments on the page. RIP.

Back