• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#1 Fan Gregory Slade (aka the Pointer) a Victim of Hit and Run

Story tonight at 6p on WXII. We talked to Greg's family and Brandon Childress about his life and fandom of the Demon Deacons.

That's great. Would love to have a link dropped in here to watch it after for us non locals.

You have to be a special kind of POS to hit and run.

From the article:

Visitation and funeral services will be open to the public, the family said. Visitation will be held Monday, Dec. 20 from noon until 5 p.m. The funeral, which is also open to the community, will be at noon Tuesday at Russel. Everyone who attends is being encouraged to wear their Wake Forest gear.

Wow. That’s a true fan right there.

I saw the original story the other day, but had no idea. I've passed him dozens of times out on the road. Always a smile, always in black & gold. Now that I know the rest of the story, it sucks even more. People can be shitty sometimes.

I drive by that area a couple of times a month and every time I see "Greg's corner", I remember him decked out in Deacon gear pointing and smiling to all the cars. So sad that the driver has not been caught.

Back