• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT - It's Coming Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spelling Bee was much easier today. Crossword was a challenge for Friday.

It appears an army of ticks has invaded the walls of
my familial home using our Christmas tree as a Yuletide Trojan horse.

I respect their discipline to wait 3 weeks before making their advance. The tree is fully festooned, which presents problems in repelling their attack.

I’m off to Home Depot to evaluate my options, up to and including burning down my entire home.

It appears an army of ticks has invaded the walls of
my familial home using our Christmas tree as a Yuletide Trojan horse.

I respect their discipline to wait 3 weeks before making their advance. The tree is fully festooned, which presents problems in repelling their attack.

I’m off to Home Depot to evaluate my options, up to and including burning down my entire home.

This is off brand, especially with where I come from, but I'm team artificial tree.

ticks are impervious to bug bombs and scoff at your attempted genocide

I feel like you should revoke my country mouse card because I don't have some old white trash home remedy for tick invasion.

I mean, I guess you could let an opossum live in your house for a while. They sometimes get into my trash but they eat a lot of ticks.

Wally World, so I’m probably shit out of luck. A fun thing I just discovered is that when the state patrol calls a tow truck for you there is a flat fee from the body shop. Mine was $225. If I had called myself it would have cost $110. If the police had called it would have cost $175. So word to the wise, if you ever need a tow, call yourself instead of letting the highway patrolman do it for you.

Is Triple A still a thing? Like do people still do it.

turns out Kory and I are both running bards.

any insights on level 5 spells or lower to take for magical secrets?

I played d&d a looong time ago when my older brother wanted an extra player with his friends. I was 8th or 9th grade. Have not had, or rather, made the opportunity to play since. I would be up for it though.

My current d&d enjoyment is critical role. Just finished campaign two. I'll never have time for c1. Just started c3. I'll stick with it for a bit and see how it goes.

alternatively we could just play mafia if we're going to be internet dorks

I played d&d a looong time ago when my older brother wanted an extra player with his friends. I was 8th or 9th grade. Have not had, or rather, made the opportunity to play since. I would be up for it though.

My current d&d enjoyment is critical role. Just finished campaign two. I'll never have time for c1. Just started c3. I'll stick with it for a bit and see how it goes.

i have a hard time latching onto S1. i'm keeping up with 3 now, though

I have AAA which is basically redundant with my insurance company’s roadside assistance

That billboard is crazy.

A Christmas tree full of ticks is terrifying. Sorry. Xmas. Need to perpetuate the war ! !

A flat on the side of the road under those conditions really sucks. Hope you are recovering from the ordeal.

Had AAA 15 or 20 years ago. It was terrible. As I recall they would tow you up to 50 miles. At some point I realized USAA charged something like 6 bucks per insurance policy ($12 per year) and would tow up to 250 miles for instance. Far cheaper and much better value around all things are related. Went through a period with each kid where they would turn on a light in the car and leave it overnight. On occasion the battery would lose its charge. They would come jump you for free that i took advantage of occasionally.

Fun fact. You don't have to be retired (or old ! !) to join AARP.

We’re AAA members but not AARP. Though I think we could be.

We’ve had occasion to use AAA roadside assistance maybe 1/2 a dozen times over the years. Nice to have someone to call in a pinch…our experience with roadside help has been mixed but mostly positive. Can’t say I care for the local AAA service place, however.

I think my truck came with some sort of roadside assistance but I don’t recall the details or how I would even use it.

I'm glad the Chiefs figured out their salary cap issues mid-season

At some point I realized USAA charged something like 6 bucks per insurance policy ($12 per year) and would tow up to 250 miles for instance.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck how did I not know that.
giphy.gif

I feel like you should revoke my country mouse card because I don't have some old white trash home remedy for tick invasion.

I mean, I guess you could let an opossum live in your house for a while. They sometimes get into my trash but they eat a lot of ticks.

I bet some combo of vinegar and tea tree oil would do the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back