• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT - It's Coming Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's why y'all jizzed your sweatpants about getting them for $19.99, just like real high rollers

By 2000 I had read every book Stephen King had written. I have read 2 since then, which I see were published in 2001 and 2002. I even had a few magazines that had short stories of his in them. I wonder if I still have those somewhere.

You don’t achieve wealth by spending frivolously, just ask Dave Ramsey.

just trying to picture dave ramsey in the high roller room in vegas.

200.gif

i CAN picture dave ramsey in sweatpants though. in a la-z-boy

My first car was a 92 Nissan Sentra SE named Old Blue. There was a steep hill near my house where I started up at 60 and was only going 30 at the peak, then would just coast down in neutral like a roller coaster

Mine was a 1990 Dodge Omni. Little shitty hatchback that dodge discontinued soon after it was made. I think it had been sitting in my grandparents garage for about four years between when my grandfather stopped driving and I started. That thing sucked.

Favorite books you’ve read this year?

I think my five favs in no order were:

The Decagon House Murders - Yukito Ayatsuji
Story of Your Life - Ted Chiang
A Painted House - John Grisham
The Secret History - Donna Tartt
How Much of These Hills is Gold - C Pam Zhang

With a couple weeks left in the year I surpassed my 52 books goal, including 23 Stephen Kings. Of King books my favorite three were:

The Dark Half
Desperation
Four Past Midnight

Townie, you should read Our Band could be your Life…it’s like the NMH 33 and 1/3 for In The Aeroplane Over the Sea, but for all the great indie bands of the 1980s, Sonic Youth, Meat Puppets, Dinosaur Jr., Black Flag, The Replacements, Husker du, etc. Great book.

1985 Plymouth Reliant K-car. Had to prime the gas before starting it. Wouldn't go over 70

Well I’ll be that guy aka typical Wake student. 2001 BMW 325i. I had thought I was getting a used Volvo or Jetta as that’s what we’d looked at but then my mom and sisters were in a horrible wreck where another guy hit them head on. He ended up dying but they walked away unscathed from my mom’s 5 Series. So they made the decision to get that for me as they wanted side airbags. It was literally the cheapest BMW you could get at the time, only options were automatic and CD player, had vinyl seats which were pretty nice. Drove that thing into the ground until my wife was sideswiped in 2014 and she was unharmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back