• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Draft Deacs | Zach Tom Only Deac Invited to Combine

Someone will probably draft him in 6th or 7th rd. Doubt he could do much better as a kicker by coming back. Got his degree, so go chase that nfl dream

One kicker was drafted in the 2021 draft. With a 7 round draft, NFL teams don't like spending a draft pick on a kicker. Sciba will get an NFL shot, but its most likely as UFA; hopefully, Sciba gets a good signing bonus.

One kicker was drafted in the 2021 draft. With a 7 round draft, NFL teams don't like spending a draft pick on a kicker. Sciba will get an NFL shot, but its most likely as UFA; hopefully, Sciba gets a good signing bonus.

I don’t disagree with what your saying. I just have a feeling that those teams that are suffering from a lack of a kicker will be more likely to use a late draft pick on the most accurate kicker in acc history instead of hoping to sign him as a UFA. Either way, I think Sciba will be on a roster next year. If he can improve his leg strength, he may just have a long long career

He won’t be on a roster. He wasn’t even a finalist for the Groza Award. He has had a great career and we will certainly miss him but NFL kickers have very long careers and have to be able to hit from 50+.

He won’t get drafted, just no way does that happen. He almost certainly will get a free agent tryout and hopefully his agent finds him the team most in need of an accurate kicker. Even then, it’s a long shot. It’s just really really really hard to break into the nfl as a kicker.

He won’t get drafted, just no way does that happen. He almost certainly will get a free agent tryout and hopefully his agent finds him the team most in need of an accurate kicker. Even then, it’s a long shot. It’s just really really really hard to break into the nfl as a kicker.

Yep. He could end up in some other pro league though like Swank did for a season. I honestly don’t even know which of the other leagues are still around.

The USFL is supposedly restarting in April.

I'd hate to see him miss the all-time % record in college football as it stands now. That 1 FG, attempted in not great conditions, that bounced off the cross-bar. Six inches, or less, short of a make to keep the record,

I'd hate to see him miss the all-time % record in college football as it stands now. That 1 FG, attempted in not great conditions, that bounced off the cross-bar. Six inches, or less, short of a make to keep the record,

It appears that Nick Sciba's college career stats will stay where they are now. 3rd in percentage in ncaa, first in ACC. Tied 24 in total made FGs (four makes out of T10, and 9 made FG from Top 5).

That would be a great fit for him. Those guys could always be quick calls by the NFL for teams with someone hurt too.

Will players who just became draft eligible this year be eligible for the USFL?

Canadian league?

There are only 9 CFL teams with only 46 player rosters including only 20 Americans. Plus kickoff strength is even more important since they kick from the 35 on an 110 yard field and get a point for kickoffs out of the endzone.

Will players who just became draft eligible this year be eligible for the USFL?

There are only 9 CFL teams with only 46 player rosters including only 20 Americans. Plus kickoff strength is even more important since they kick from the 35 on an 110 yard field and get a point for kickoffs out of the endzone.

46? That’s not even enough to play a bowl game.

Also apparently Sciba is doing the Hula bowl -- not sure if it's in addition or replacing the previous game he was participating in.

That last sentence probably explains his decision. The all star game is additional chance to impress NFL scouts. Otherwise it's back to Canada and a paycheck for playing football in 2022.

How many CFL players have we had? Ben Sankey was a QB up there for several seasons. I think we had a DL who played up there maybe. Anybody else?

How many CFL players have we had? Ben Sankey was a QB up there for several seasons. I think we had a DL who played up there maybe. Anybody else?

Maurice Miller played in the CFL circa 1994

Back