• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Draft Deacs | Zach Tom Only Deac Invited to Combine

Why don’t more guys go the CFL route? I honestly know next to nothing about the CFL.

I’m assuming not but can they play in these games and still decide to return?

9 teams
46 roster spots
20 spots for Americans

So that's 180 spots in any season.

James Parker was a DL star for several years in Canada. He was a leader on our 1979 Tangerine Bowl team. Guess that displays the newer makeup of our board since that time. All older members will well remember him.

CFL teams have a salary cap setting average salaries at roughly $100k Canadian

Sucks that Luiji didn't want to run it back. He had one of the highest pressure rates in the ACC (maybe the highest), and was underutilized this year. Could have been a stud next year.

With Roberson's announcement, that leaves CBS and Tom unaccounted for from Senior Day, with Vilain joining Dicks, Marshall and DJ Taylor in the unexpected departures column.

I thought Roberson's lack of presence on one of these games was a sign he was coming back, so hard to say anything about CBS or Tom.

With Roberson's announcement, that leaves CBS and Tom unaccounted for from Senior Day, with Vilain joining Dicks, Marshall and DJ Taylor in the unexpected departures column.

I thought Roberson's lack of presence on one of these games was a sign he was coming back, so hard to say anything about CBS or Tom.

Don’t know why, but CBS seems like somebody who will come back and play as long as he has eligibility.

How many CFL players have we had? Ben Sankey was a QB up there for several seasons. I think we had a DL who played up there maybe. Anybody else?

IIRC Mike Elkins may have played at least one season Peahead coached the Alouettes. Can't recall his name, but we had a fierce but undersized nose tackle who went on to the CFL.
Edit to note that Nikita Whitlock was the nose tackle I was trying to remember.

Last edited:
Going back a few years, Ed George, WFU class of 1970, was inducted into the CFL Hall of Fame in 2005. He played for the Montreal Allouettes from 1971-1974 and was an outstanding two way lineman. He was for time all Eastern and All Canadian. In 1974 he was the first winner of the Schenley Most Outstanding Offensive Lineman award.

From 1975 to 1978 he played for some NFL teams (Balt Colts 1 year, Eagles 76-78 under Dick Vermiel. He was the starting Right Tackle for the Eagles teams.

He the returned to the CFL and played two years for the Hamilton Tiger Cats. His last game was the Grey cup in 1980.

He became an investment banker after football. He is retired from that.

He should be in the WFU Hall of Fame, but isn't.

Would love to see if he can transition to playing defense. Maybe bulk him up and play D end haha.

He made some solid tackles as a gunner on the punt team.

Going from 5-10, 200 to DE size would require a lot of growing.

Going back a few years, Ed George, WFU class of 1970, was inducted into the CFL Hall of Fame in 2005. He played for the Montreal Allouettes from 1971-1974 and was an outstanding two way lineman. He was for time all Eastern and All Canadian. In 1974 he was the first winner of the Schenley Most Outstanding Offensive Lineman award.

From 1975 to 1978 he played for some NFL teams (Balt Colts 1 year, Eagles 76-78 under Dick Vermiel. He was the starting Right Tackle for the Eagles teams.

He the returned to the CFL and played two years for the Hamilton Tiger Cats. His last game was the Grey cup in 1980.

He became an investment banker after football. He is retired from that.

He should be in the WFU Hall of Fame, but isn't.

The CFL indicted somebody into their hall of fame who only played in the league for 5 years? Lame.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Morgan Kane play some in Canada?

I think he did.

Back