• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Draft Deacs | Zach Tom Only Deac Invited to Combine

We had two future pros the previous two seasons between Hinton and KWIII. Obviously we aren’t including OL here.

You left out Hinton who had actually had the most success.

It’s a reasonable hypothesis to think we have system WRs. Dortch and Surratt had obvious flaws (size and speed) that I’m not sure holds for the current crop of receivers though.

I am sure the negative recruiting has already started on this topic around the ACC. Why go to Wake and put up huge numbers if it wont get you drafted.

I am sure the negative recruiting has already started on this topic around the ACC. Why go to Wake and put up huge numbers if it wont get you drafted.

That's a stretch. Coming out of HS no one had Dortch, Bachman, Scotty Washington or Roberson in the NFL. After getting the exposure offered by the WF offense, the first three all are getting NFL paychecks, and if he is healthy, Roberson will get paid too. Analyzing where a recruit is rated entering WF and comparing it to where he is rated when he leaves WF is off the charts in WF's favor. The perception that it gets receivers to the NFL is only going get stronger with Perry, Greene, Morin... and Grimes. FWIW, you can see from successive recruiting classes that WF is landing higher and higher rated receiver as the word is out that few schools, if any, showcase WR talent like WF does. When listing the concerns about WF football recruiting, WF reputation of getting its receivers NFL looks is not on the list. The opposite is true.

Last edited:
That's a stretch. Coming out of HS no one had Dortch, Bachman, Scotty Washington or Roberson in the NFL. After getting the exposure offered by the WF offense, the first three all are getting NFL paychecks, and if he is healthy, Roberson will get paid too. Analyzing where a recruit is rated entering WF and comparing it to where he is rated when he leaves WF is off the charts in WF's favor. The perception that it gets receivers to the NFL is only going get stronger with Perry, Greene, Morin... and Grimes. FWIW, you can see from successive recruiting classes that WF is landing higher and higher rated receiver as the word is out that few schools, if any, showcase WR talent like WF does. When listing the concerns about WF football recruiting, WF reputation of getting its receivers NFL looks is not on the list. The opposite is true.

I appreciate you putting Grimes in there who hasn't played a snap, and is as highly rated as Groulx was. I really dont think many HS players are looking at advance stats over draft position. Other coaches are going to be pointing it out until we have more skill guys starting to get their names called.

WF has recruited receivers at a higher level than other positions, but keep going negative if you insist.

AT is the first receiver we've had that made me think "that dude is built for Sundays"

Givens played in the NFL for 4 seasons. Think that is longer than the average NFL career.

also this, unrelated to Givens

assuming 100% return to health, believe he has a higher upside than Perry or a healthy Roberson; do not see a weakness in size/speed/hands

He needs to be able to go over the middle. Assuming he can show that ability, I think he gets paid to play.

Back