• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Defensive Coordinator Coaching Search Thread - BRAD LAMBERT IS COMING HOME

Rover position will likely be phased out/eliminated since Lambert has always run a traditional 4-3 rather than the 4-2-5 we have been in since Clawson arrived. Problem is we don’t really have enough LBs and are now kinda overloaded with safety types so we will have to see what Lambert’s plan for that is particularly in the first year. We already needed another LB from the portal before this.

We played a lot of 3-3-5 during the early part of Grobe's tenure and Lambert was on staff for that.

Don't want to #humblebrag, but I was there - in person - for Coach Lambert's last game at Purdue...a defensive effort that won't be discussed further. ;)

Don't want to #humblebrag, but I was there - in person - for Coach Lambert's last game at Purdue...a defensive effort that won't be discussed further. ;)

Didn't they have a lot of guys out for that game though?

Didn't they have a lot of guys out for that game though?

Only one on defense, but a big one: George Karlaftis, who will possibly be a top 10 pick in this year's draft. Speaking of which, can we find our own Greek Freak, Coach Lambert? This dude is insane. If you don't know his story, it goes like this: born and raised in Greece. His father died when he was 13 and his mom, who was actually from West Lafayette, moved him and his brother to Indiana (his brother is a freshman there now). He didn't play football until 8th grade, of course, and by the time he was a junior he had offers from Bama, Michigan, Notre Dame, Miami, etc... He's an absolute beast.

Should it be discussed further? ;) TN moved the ball pretty easily.

I thought I read somewhere they also lost a lot of DBs to injury later in the year? TN was one of the best offenses in the nation this year, too.

Tennessee has bottom tier SEC talent, so not a big surprise against a middling B1G team

I do believe that Lambert made the Purdue defense better, but having a competent offense is not a requirement to succeed in the Big Ten West - well over half the division still firmly believes in "three yards and a cloud of dust."

It was a joke. UT has decent talent and they are good on offense, especially with the way Heupel plays.

The result of the hire is to be seen, but to make judgment on one game or two will not give the bigger picture. You could pull random Hartman games where he looked like a Heisman winner, others like a bad HS QB. May take a year or two anyway with the talent level we have. I hope he can recruit. That will most likely make or break the hire.

Back