• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Defensive Coordinator Coaching Search Thread - BRAD LAMBERT IS COMING HOME

Give Brad White the bag and an associate HC title soon.

If not him, pluck someone from the B10 that can bring some of his players.

Clawson will call White, White will say thanks coach, but I am only coming back to Winston if its for your job. They both will laugh and then Clawson will move on.

Nate Woody would not be a bad call here. Played at Wofford then coached there before moving on to App St as DC. Then to GT and now is DC at Army.

Nate Woody would not be a bad call here. Played at Wofford then coached there before moving on to App St as DC. Then to GT and now is DC at Army.

DC at Army? Not impressed.

Other than Clemson, no one really stopped Wake.

Army defense was pretty decent this year. I am not saying hire him, just take a look.

Clawson will call White, White will say thanks coach, but I am only coming back to Winston if its for your job. They both will laugh and then Clawson will move on.

I don't know. Brad and his wife both LOVED Wake and would probably like the chance to come back home unless he has NFL aspirations. He already had a taste with the Colts and as many have stated, it always seems better to be coaching men than worrying about teenagers and their grades and girls, etc.

Brad is probably thinking about being a top head coach candidate in the next cycle. He already turned down the LSU DC job.

But if we're looking for a former Deacon linebacker with NFL coaching experience...

Brad is probably thinking about being a top head coach candidate in the next cycle. He already turned down the LSU DC job.

But if we're looking for a former Deacon linebacker with NFL coaching experience...

Hire White. Bring in Curry to coach LB's and Chip Vaughn for safeties. :dancindeac:

Hire White. Bring in Curry to coach LB's and Chip Vaughn for safeties. :dancindeac:

I had no idea Vaughn is in his second season coaching for the Jets. He was the secondary coach at Air Force in 2019 and was the DB coach at Fayetteville State before that.

No.

Pass on Aaron Curry. Chip Vaughn seems intriguing to coach db's, Reeves seems like a grand slam as DC.

I'm definitely down with bringing Chip or AC back as position coaches but we would have to send another coach on assignment to the minors in Durham since we are currently at 9 assts and 10 is the max.

I'm definitely down with bringing Chip or AC back as position coaches but we would have to send another coach on assignment to the minors in Durham since we are currently at 9 assts and 10 is the max.

Interesting note: Brad White was hired as the 10th coach for Kentucky when the number of allowed assistants increased. Maybe we can be as lucky with our 10th assistant/position coach.

Surely DC either will be a guy Clawson has some history with and therefore will be ok slotting in without assistant changes or will get a say in some of his staff.

Surely DC either will be a guy Clawson has some history with and therefore will be ok slotting in without assistant changes or will get a say in some of his staff.

I would agree with that. I think the most obvious and likely Clawson’s preferred move would be to hire Tyler Santucci from A&M as DC/LB while moving Greg Jones from LB to Safety coach(or just have Santucci do DC/S). However, it is likely A&M will want to hang onto him and I bet Elko would love to bring him to Duke as well. As for the rest of the list, not sure but I imagine he has people in mind already.

But before he hangs up Clawson asks "Know anyone that would be great, would be interested and that I'm not already considering?"

Back