• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Defensive Coordinator Coaching Search Thread - BRAD LAMBERT IS COMING HOME

No Ole Miss fumbles last night.

My mistake. I believe there was a called fumble on the field that was overturned. A receiver caught the ball, and was hit and fumbled. After seeing the review, I was surprised they over turned it. It seemed like a fumble to me.

Apparently A&M is going all in on Durkin, and if that fails will likely promote Santucci.

"FootballScoop" says James Adams might be coming too

Doubt we’d get a more experienced hire than Lambert, that would be a great hire for us IMO

getting lambert and adams would be incredible and also i imagine such a dope way to connect the clawson and grobe eras.

Would be very pumped. A big time hire - very successful DC with ties to the region, hired from a Big Ten program and in direct competition against another ACC program. Would be a pretty good signal that Wake is big time football.

James Adams is a great dude. LFG

We had some bad ass linebackers under Lambert. Curry, Arnoux, Abbatte. More of that.

FWIW, we currently only have room for one coach so we’d have to make another move to land both.

the current LB coach (greg jones) is in his 2nd year in that role, but has been in the program for a bit as a grad assistant.

ETA: turns out adams actually coaches cornerbacks. we have paul williams who seems to be pretty good. that said, hemphill was our safeties coach so there's a gap there.

Last edited:
Defensive Coordinator Coaching Search Thread

Adams has been a DB coach so that would mean letting Williams go after two seasons.

Last edited:
the current LB coach (greg jones) is in his 2nd year in that role, but has been in the program for a bit as a grad assistant.

unless I'm looking at our staff wrong, I think he's the only remaining guy from the Mike Elko School of Defense left on staff. Wouldn't shock me if he's gone

We had some bad ass linebackers under Lambert. Curry, Arnoux, Abbatte. More of that.

He also brought Brad White with him from Georgia. White was a walk-on there and Wake put him on scholarship. Lambert has deep recruiting connections in Georgia.

Back