• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 21: BC @ LJVM - Monday 6 pm ACCN

Would like to see Wake up big early so guys like Hildreth, Marsh and Whitt see double digit minutes. They will be needed come tournament time. #34 should get Wake into single digit seed territory. GTFO with bubble talk.

BC sucks. We should cover 10.5. They have had same amount of rest time but have had to travel. We are in rhythm and I like our momentum to continue. I feel like these players know something special is happening and they will take responsibility not to fritter it away tonight.

We should try a lineup of ManMan, LaRavia, Monsanto, Marsh, and Walton at some point tonight ...

Did you randomly select 5 players on the team or something? What on earth makes you think that putting Walton and Marsh on the floor at the same time would be a good idea?

interesting (to me) that with a month of additional data, KP's prediction for the game has us holding BC to the same total but scoring 4 more points

BC sucks. We should cover 10.5. They have had same amount of rest time but have had to travel. We are in rhythm and I like our momentum to continue. I feel like these players know something special is happening and they will take responsibility not to fritter it away tonight.

BC also has another game on Wednesday and we don’t play until Saturday.

Did you randomly select 5 players on the team or something? What on earth makes you think that putting Walton and Marsh on the floor at the same time would be a good idea?

Defensively Walton is a good weak side shot blocker. Playing with marsh could free him up to do that.

Defensively Walton is a good weak side shot blocker. Playing with marsh could free him up to do that.

Good point. Forbes regularly plays two bigs so it’s not crazy.

interesting (to me) that with a month of additional data, KP's prediction for the game has us holding BC to the same total but scoring 4 more points

Until Saturday (56 possessions), BC has played at faster pace in January as has WF. WF offense has also improved.

Also, Walton likes to linger on the perimeter offensively while Marsh does not.

I think that is more a function of our offense. I suspect Marsh will shoot 3s in future years. Right now, he's basically going to get minutes when fouls necessitate it... And on offense, he's not going to be asked to shoot aside from dunks and follows.

Walton's 3 point percentage has plummeted this year. Hopefully he finds it again, but nobody should be going out to defend a 19.4% shooter, including 1 for his last 13. He also hasn't made more than 1 in a game all year, which again, doesn't make me think that teams will continue to guard him out there. Forbes obviously likes to have an open lane for Manman and Laravia to do their things, so I'm guessing its just a matter of time before the opposing center starts anchoring in the paint.

Last edited:
I mostly said it was a bad idea because I have no interest in watching Walton trying to guard a PF on the perimeter. And considering his only effective offense this season has been in the paint, playing Marsh and Walton together essentially means you will get no offense out of either player unless Williams creates it for them or it's an easy putback.

I love a good fritter though. Clemmons Kitchen used to have a tasty corn fritter on Sunday's.

Walton is a much better shooter than he has showed so far. 3s were never a big part of his game, but last year, he went 9 for 19 from 3 (47%). So far, this year, Walton has taken 12 more threes than all of last season, and he has made 3 less than last year (6 for 31). SImilarly, last year, Walton was a 85% FT, and it was over 58 attempts. This year, he is 64%, Like Whitt, shooting issues have gotten into Walton's head. Walton has a solid stroke. His shooting percentages have to improve over the rest of the season.

Walton is a much better shooter than he has showed so far. 3s were never a big part of his game, but last year, he went 9 for 19 from 3 (47%). So far, this year, Walton has taken 12 more threes than all of last season, and he has made 3 less than last year (6 for 31). SImilarly, last year, Walton was a 85% FT, and it was over 58 attempts. This year, he is 64%, Like Whitt, shooting issues have gotten into Walton's head. Walton has a solid stroke. His shooting percentages have to improve over the rest of the season.

Both Walton and Whitt have been hit hard by cantshootitis this season. My expectation for Walton was that he would be good enough at hitting threes to pull somebody out to guard him on the three point line, clearing more room for driving. If he was somewhere close to last season's percentage from three, he would be a real threat stepping out. Hope he gets closer to that level in the last third of the season.

I’ve got a free Mtn Dew parking pass for anyone that wants it

I really like Walton and think he has been a huge part of our success but I scream at the TV every time he takes a 3.

I really like Walton and think he has been a huge part of our success but I scream at the TV every time he takes a 3.

Very much agree!
It seems like he has moved to taking some very early threes in games when the game doesn't call for it yet. There are a few other examples of one or two more feeling a need to make a stat also. Not bad, but some 'me' occurrences happen.

Back