• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 21: BC @ LJVM - Monday 6 pm ACCN

This is bullshit. Stop testing vaccinated asymptomatic players!!!

300,000 covid cases yesterday. Probably a half million by tomorrow. Ugh

This forfeit rule is bullshit and untenable. It's safe to assume that every program is going to have Covid issues at some point this season. Postpone the games. Don't let Covid decide who wins the ACC.

This is bullshit. Stop testing vaccinated asymptomatic players!!!

I see both sides of this one. One school of thought is that asymptomatic people could still pass the disease on to others, prolonging the annoying cycle we're in and potentially resulting in more hospitalizations and deaths. The other school of thought says that we don't test asymptomatic members of the general public (well, some people get tested regularly anyway) and why would we do this for athletes. I think I'm in the more testing side, if we could stop people who had the virus from spreading it this would be over. A portion of the population will never listen to reason / doesn't want to be "controlled" so any idea of mass vaccination / mass masking / mass behavioral changes is just a pipe dream... but I don't think that necessarily means we should give up trying. It's all just so frustrating.

I really just came to this thread to see if this counted as a win for the Deacs or not... does it?

Last edited:
Absolutely do not stop testing, it's critical in helping to understand how these variants spread. Adjusting the response, however, should always be on the table.

When COVID seemed to be getting under control, simply calling a few games forfeits was probably going to be fine. Now that we're in crazy outbreak mode hopefully they'll re-address the policy, along with tweaking the quarantine rules for vaccinated and boosted players. Basketball games are relatively easy to reschedule since you can play multiple games per week compared to football. They should definitely try to reschedule as many missed games as they can.

I don't understand the forfeit but also I don't schedule basketball games for a living so

Over 1400 people died yesterday due to Covid in the US, over 800000 since the pandemic started.

Which is less than 2000+ a day where we were at in September and total deaths being around the same rate of preventable cardio vascular deaths from fatties.

And probably 50% of the covid deaths are from people dying because they are lazy fat fucks that would of died of a heart attack if covid didn't get them first.

lets play basketball for fuck sakes.

Back