• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 21: BC @ LJVM - Monday 6 pm ACCN

Everything to do with covid is a bunch of CYA (Cover ya Ass). The kids aren't getting sick, if theyre vaxxed let them play. The whole population should act this way too, don't get tested if you aren't sick. This isn't going anywhere, no matter what we do. So lets live. If you're compromised, stay home or stay as safe as possible, there is no other option. If you want to live go live.

Which is less than 2000+ a day where we were at in September and total deaths being around the same rate of preventable cardio vascular deaths from fatties.

And probably 50% of the covid deaths are from people dying because they are lazy fat fucks that would of died of a heart attack if covid didn't get them first.

lets play basketball for fuck sakes.

Western Carolina just played a game yesterday, perhaps you missed it because you were busy being a fucking dipshit.

Will defer to the COVID experts, but it seems to me that when conferences set the rigid forfeit policy, it was done to encourage/require athletes, coaches and staff to fully vaccinate, and for the same people to take reasonable precautions to protect themselves because at that time, there was a common understanding of the transmissibility of COVID, and also a common understanding that reasonably careful players and programs were unlikely to get infected. Fast forward to the current variant, and it appears that the virus is more transmissible than expected, the variant may be less severe and that even fully vaccinated people taking reasonable precautions are getting infected at much higher rate than previously contemplated, but again, with seemingly generally less serious consequences (except for the Fat Fucks Cat referenced above).

If the above is true (and again it may be wrong) feel like the punishments set late in the Summer of 2021 don't fit the current circumstances. A fully vaccinated program with an asymptomatic outbreak should not be punished as if they took no precautions. Also, this seems like a system that could be abused unless there are actual measures in place to ensure that EVERY PROGRAM is testing with identical vigor. Otherwise, a basketball team with weak testing protocols actually benefits over a basketball team with strict protocols. That is messed up.

Last edited:
not sure if this has been posted somewhere, but the ACC will be reviewing its policy:

Agreed. It's hard for me not to despise a certain segment of our population. A perfect storm of ignorance, selfishness, and confidence.

Yep. I’ve been pretty go with the flow because it actually hasn’t impacted my life that much. We’re vaxxed and boostered as are our friends and family. But in the last few days I’ve become super pissed. Grow up and stick a needle in your arm you conservative morons. We’re about to miss at least 2 bball games and our bowl game for no fucking reason.

Yep. I’ve been pretty go with the flow because it actually hasn’t impacted my life that much. We’re vaxxed and boostered as are our friends and family. But in the last few days I’ve become super pissed. Grow up and stick a needle in your arm you conservative morons. We’re about to miss at least 2 bball games and our bowl game for no fucking reason.

It's especially ridiculous coming from the same crowd who love to chant about "patriotism." The patriotic thing to do is protect your fellow citizens with a free vaccine and a mask, and they won't. They are hypocritical trash.

This forfeit thing could get to the point, where home teams have an advantage as road teams generally have travel the day before a game (like BC to WF today); so, they need to know who is available and who is not before the home team. That is also not fair. Maybe WF would have had a handful of players test positive tomorrow and couldn't have been in position to play, but WF is still credited with the forfeit W because BC forfeited first. Doesn't seem right.

Conferences should table the forfeits, and see what scheduling opportunities arise. What if BC is over their COVID issues on December 29 when they are supposed to play FSU (who is also having COVID issues), but FSU cannot, why not let WF play BC on December 29 instead of another open date because of L'ville COVID outbreak?

Everything to do with covid is a bunch of CYA (Cover ya Ass). The kids aren't getting sick, if theyre vaxxed let them play. The whole population should act this way too, don't get tested if you aren't sick. This isn't going anywhere, no matter what we do. So lets live. If you're compromised, stay home or stay as safe as possible, there is no other option. If you want to live go live.

lol wut

It's especially ridiculous coming from the same crowd who love to chant about "patriotism." The patriotic thing to do is protect your fellow citizens with a free vaccine and a mask, and they won't. They are hypocritical trash.

👍

Well kaye doesn't like the rule, so I guess they'll change it. Does a forfeit count against his record, or can he give it to Pete Gaudet?

And ask UNC how swapping games around at the last minute goes. It ruins your scouting report, oh wait ...

Well kaye doesn't like the rule, so I guess they'll change it. Does a forfeit count against his record, or can he give it to Pete Gaudet?

And ask UNC how swapping games around at the last minute goes. It ruins your scouting report, oh wait ...

Yeah but he also wants more testing for some reason.

1,400+ deaths yesterday - so more than that!

Most of whom are either anti-vax commie BernieBro hippies or lardasses who already had one foot in the grave, either of which category has nobody to blame but themselves. In a country of 330 million. Covid isn't a pimple on a dog's ass at this point for the vast, vast majority of society. Everyone needs to get off of social media and get on with life.

Most of whom are either anti-vax commie BernieBro hippies or lardasses who already had one foot in the grave, either of which category has nobody to blame but themselves. In a country of 330 million. Covid isn't a pimple on a dog's ass at this point for the vast, vast majority of society. Everyone needs to get off of social media and get on with life.

Antivax commie Berniebro hippies? I think you’re looking at the wrong subset of society. I think you mean antivax fascist Trump Christian nutjob conservatives.

Seeing young healthy people die from a preventable disease sucks. ESP when their family is begging for the vaccine obviously far too late. Sucks way more when they’re lobbing insults at you for not giving them whatever-the-Qure-of-the-week is. If you die from this and you’re not vaccinated - nobody feels sorry for you - even if you’re gasping for air waiting for a tube down your throat to improve your little to no chance of surviving by a sliver of a percentile. If you are vaccinated and in the 3% of vaccine-non-responders or have little reserve in your tank to pre-existing conditions, your family has the right to go full “Bear-Jew” on the next antivaxxer rally.

This is simple. Always has been. Turn off Fox News. Turn off Facebook. Listen to the actual experts. Get vaccinated. Wear a mask as the next variant pops up. Move on. Should be playing sports with no cancellations/forfeitures. But the same group whining about it are the same folks that put us here. So fill up with your drink of choice and let it all get sorted out.

Just shut the fuck up about it because nobody cares what you have to say anymore.

Antivax commie Berniebro hippies? I think you’re looking at the wrong subset of society. I think you mean antivax fascist Trump Christian nutjob conservatives.

I know a lot of people who are unvaxxed, and i am damn sure almost none of them voted for Trump. Unless the Whole Foods, homeschool, public breastfeeding, yoga crowd suddenly turned to Trump in the last few days. But way to continue to be duped by the media, good to know there are still some suckers out there.

I feel bad for the people with young kids. Vaxxed or not, until young kids can get the jab parents are in a tough place. We're vaccinated and boosted as are pretty much every person that we know and interact with (except one idiot cousin of mine). The problem is, situations like this...

our best friend's Dad visited them over Thanksgiving. Their three year old daughter got super fucking sick 2-3 days after and sure enough, the kid tested positive for Covid. Everyone in the family who visited also got tested and their Dad tested positive. Can't prove the direct line of exposure, but it's reasonable to believe that the Dad, who was seemingly healthy, apparently asymptomatic and vaccinated, passed Covid to the three y/o. I do not feel bad when this happens to other ignorant adults, but until the vaccine is authorized for young children...hard to just say 'screw it, go live your life'. They still have to be really careful and COVIDiots are screwing it up for everyone.

With that said, for adults who have been vaccinated...hasn't the CDC pretty much said that vaccinated people can congregate in larger crowds even indoors? If that's the case, the NCAA should make it mandatory that all student-athletes get the vaccine. If someone won't or can't...well too damn bad, you can't play. And if the team has an outbreak...well too damn bad, the team should have had better controls in place. They should get a L and have to pay a serious fine. Otherwise, we're going to have a repeat of last year and it's going to take a long damn time to return to 'normal'. I'd also love it if the NCAA only hosted the tournament in cities that mandated vaccination prior to entry into the venue.

Back