• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Raging on AP Top 25 Voters

The only poll that counts for anything is the CFP poll for the NCAA. Wake finished 17th, behind Pitt but ahead of Clemson and NC State. Keep it simple.

The AP poll matters for starting next year ranked. No matter what they say, those CFP polls are influenced by other rankings. Ending this season ranked higher in the AP makes it more likely we start higher next year.

A good team finds a way to win. Wake found a way to win our bowl game. State didn’t with theirs.

Check. Mate.

That take is just so fng dumb. Lots of reasons but a UCLA bail 4 hrs before the game is low. No matter how much they whined afterwards. We would have too.

That take is just so fng dumb. Lots of reasons but a UCLA bail 4 hrs before the game is low. No matter how much they whined afterwards. We would have too.

I’m 100% sure that was a joke…

I'm not sure if more people miss the joke when it comes to bym or birdman, but it just makes it funnier to me.

Did that fool really say that a State loss in which they were completely non-competitive was more impressive than a game in which we hung 70 on somebody? That’s one of the dumbest things I have ever seen.

Wake over Army 70-56 tied Texas over Texas Tech 70-35 for the most points scored in a D1 game this season.

I've never heard anybody mention it, but West Point is a crazy home field advantage. That place is weird as hell, and for every enlightened army officer or retired officer or even future officer in the crowd there are ten MAGA types going mad.

That said, every single fan I saw in Jacksonville in the wake section that clearly was a townie was wearing a "blue lives matter" or "Jesus saves" or "God bless America but only through war violence" shirt. Very strange

it's dumb as hell to have NC State ranked over Wake Forest

Wake won the division, NC State, and its bowl game. End of argument.

it's dumb as hell to have NC State ranked over Wake Forest

Wake won the division, NC State, and its bowl game. End of argument.

Wake won 11 games. State only won 9 and has never won more than 9 games in a season.

There is no reasonable metric that you can use to justify ranking them above Wake, this year or even as a program over the last 20 years. Our highs have been higher and our lows not any lower than theirs.

Wake needs to make sure more people know that. Wake has been the best program in NC during the Clawson era.

Wake needs to make sure more people know that. Wake has been the best program in NC during the Clawson era.

Only on quantifiable statistics. On hype, it’s clearly UNC.

It grinds my gears when the opening paragraph of text in the W-SJ recap articles always start like "A recap of the Wake Forest men's basketball team's 76-54 victory over Florida State on Tuesday".

No shit. We got that from the headline and the sub-headline.

BTW this is a post about what grinds my gears.

And ranking State over Wake is egregiously bad.

But my overall sense is that Ethan works hard and is doing his best, despite being assigned to two disparate beats. It's not his fault that W-SJ management is constantly cutting costs and eliminating staff.

And ranking State over Wake is egregiously bad.

But my overall sense is that Ethan works hard and is doing his best, despite being assigned to two disparate beats. It's not his fault that W-SJ management is constantly cutting costs and eliminating staff.

He also definitely cares about one of those beats more than the other (hint:it’s not us).

It grinds my gears when the opening paragraph of text in the W-SJ recap articles always start like "A recap of the Wake Forest men's basketball team's 76-54 victory over Florida State on Tuesday".

No shit. We got that from the headline and the sub-headline.

BTW this is a post about what grinds my gears.

Absolutely. But of course that’s an everywhere on the internet thing. Drives me nuts.

I don't think I want to start next season ranked. We did well with the chip on our shoulder of being picked 5th/6th in the ACC Atlantic. Plus being ranked puts you on a pedestal that your opponents want to knock you off of. For that latter point I'm not sure how much it really matters but I do believe there is an element of extra motivation when you're playing a ranked team. If we manage to go 12-0 we're in the playoff. If we go 11-1 we will not be in the playoff, no matter where we start in the AP/Coaches rankings IMO. A realistic goal for next year is 10-2. Win the games we know we have won in the past + a couple of the ones where we won't be favorites (@FSU, @State, home vs Clemson, or home vs UNC if they have a good season).

I don't think I want to start next season ranked. We did well with the chip on our shoulder of being picked 5th/6th in the ACC Atlantic. Plus being ranked puts you on a pedestal that your opponents want to knock you off of. For that latter point I'm not sure how much it really matters but I do believe there is an element of extra motivation when you're playing a ranked team. If we manage to go 12-0 we're in the playoff. If we go 11-1 we will not be in the playoff, no matter where we start in the AP/Coaches rankings IMO. A realistic goal for next year is 10-2. Win the games we know we have won in the past + a couple of the ones where we won't be favorites (@FSU, @State, home vs Clemson, or home vs UNC if they have a good season).

Such a small time attitude. It seems like a large portion of Wake fans would rather stay underdogs and have a chip on their shoulder than to just be good.

Back