• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Raging on AP Top 25 Voters

For Deac's Sake

Reaction score
Admittedly after a few bourbons while watching the Rose Bowl and our basketball game, I looked up the most recent AP Top 25 ballot for each voter (the December 5th ballot, after the championship weekend games). Shockingly, 22 voters had State ahead of us - many by a wide margin (State 17th, WF 22nd etc). One of the most egregious was the W-S Journal’s very own Ethan Joyce, who had State at 15th and WF at 22nd.

Makes no fucking sense to me. At the time, we were 10-3 vs 9-3, had the Atlantic division title, and the head to head win vs State. Is this just laziness on the part of voters? Or “name brand” bias (not that State is really a name brand)? Or am I missing something?

Anyway, I found email addresses for 19 of the 22 voters and sent each a friendly email pointing out these facts and emphasizing my hope that their final ballots would reflect 11-3 Wake over 9-3 State. Found Twitter handles for the other three - that’s tomorrow’s project.

Just needed to vent. Such bullshit - we should be ahead of State on every single ballot.

Ethan Joyce- Lennox Rawlings wannabe. Long line of WSJ waste of times.

Admittedly after a few bourbons while watching the Rose Bowl and our basketball game, I looked up the most recent AP Top 25 ballot for each voter (the December 5th ballot, after the championship weekend games). Shockingly, 22 voters had State ahead of us - many by a wide margin (State 17th, WF 22nd etc). One of the most egregious was the W-S Journal’s very own Ethan Joyce, who had State at 15th and WF at 22nd.

Makes no fucking sense to me. At the time, we were 10-3 vs 9-3, had the Atlantic division title, and the head to head win vs State. Is this just laziness on the part of voters? Or “name brand” bias (not that State is really a name brand)? Or am I missing something?

Anyway, I found email addresses for 19 of the 22 voters and sent each a friendly email pointing out these facts and emphasizing my hope that their final ballots would reflect 11-3 Wake over 9-3 State. Found Twitter handles for the other three - that’s tomorrow’s project.

Just needed to vent. Such bullshit - we should be ahead of State on every single ballot.

Go for it!
I would hope that the next poll would show us rise by at least 3 spots…….maybe more if your influence is successful.

Ethan Joyce- Lennox Rawlings wannabe. Long line of WSJ waste of times.

He is an App guy through and through. No coverage from the Journal would almost be better than his coverage which he clearly does as quickly and easily as possible.

He is an App guy through and through. No coverage from the Journal would almost be better than his coverage which he clearly does as quickly and easily as possible.

The Journal getting rid of Connor as the Wake beat reported was inexcusable. Newspapers are only for old people anyway.

Unreal. Not even getting respect from the local paper. What a joke. Making wake drop below a team they beat because they won the division and played another game.

Honestly, it's probably bc State beat Clemson & UNC and we barely beat State at home.

you guys realize that there are more NCSU alumni in WS than Wake, right? He is pandering to his subscription base

you guys realize that there are more NCSU alumni in WS than Wake, right? He is pandering to his subscription base

His job is to write about WF and App, not State. He just doesn’t do research. He was like the only voter in the country that wasn’t ranking LSU in bball a few weeks ago. I just honestly think he doesn’t really follow/understand sports

I hate how this team never gets the media’s respect. Hell, the “local” guy can’t even get on board.

When we play nationally televised games at UNC, Clemson and Pitt, we looked like garbage and in the case of the fake slide, LOWF pitiful.

Those may be the only games, if the voters watched all 3, they took the time to watch.

Sort of the opposite of Big Game James Worthy.

When we play nationally televised games at UNC, Clemson and Pitt, we looked like garbage and in the case of the fake slide, LOWF pitiful.

Those may be the only games, if the voters watched all 3, they took the time to watch.

Sort of the opposite of Big Game James Worthy.

We had nationally televised games for FSU, UVA, Army, Duke, State, Cuse, BC

I wouldn't watch very much of that if I hadn't gone to Wake.

If I could get by as a reporter not watching it because Wake only has six fans, that's what I would do.

I wouldn't watch very much of that if I hadn't gone to Wake.

If I could get by as a reporter not watching it because Wake only has six fans, that's what I would do.

Sure I was just countering that most games these days except RSN are technically national. But in general I wonder how much football beat reporters watch on a given Saturday anyway. Maybe catch a noon or night game before/after their team’s game. Same with the coaches poll, which I assume is just done by interns.

Need a few more Sports Center highlights like ATs hurdle...

Hard to really call an ACCN game a "nationally-televised game" in 2021 when Comcast/Xfinity (largest cable provider in the country) didn't even have the channel until after the FB regular season ended.

Back