• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Winston-Salem Urinal

dot com

Reaction score
Section header after our loss to Louisville:
Why Wake Forest Won

Today's headline:
Deacons look for first win in ACC

Just embarrassing.

Section header after our loss to Louisville:
Why Wake Forest Won

Today's headline:
Deacons look for first win in ACC

Just embarrassing.

To quote John McEnroe ‘You can’t be serious!’

Mistakes happen, but the frequency has gone way up in the past year or so. Big article this morning on UGa-Bama and the headline reads, "Smart can rewrite legacy by ending"

Mistakes happen, but the frequency has gone way up in the past year or so. Big article this morning on UGa-Bama and the headline reads, "Smart can rewrite legacy by ending"

Mistakes happen all the time in newspapers nowadays. There was a position called “copy editor” that existed for about 100 years, and this is why.

But the sportscaster at local WXII TV saying CBS’s opt out is a “bleak blow to Wake Forest” is not a mistake in editing or word choice but it is typical, a la, Herbstreit.

Actually find these recurring errors humorous. Reminds me of when Opie and his pal began their Mayberry one-page newspaper 🤪

Good grief, they can't even get an article in on the win, just a photo saying that we hosted UNC. Is 10pm really too late to make the next day's edition?

Headline will be home team lost in big upset and for them it will be true. Somewhere Lennox Rawlings approves of all this.

It's not just the Urinal ... I see not one single mention of the game on WXII's website, in local news or in sports. They have something about W-S State winning their 5th straight, but not one single fuck given about Wake dominating the Heels, students rolling the quad, etc. I had a great distaste of WXII for their crap weather forecasting, but now it's pretty much everything.

Go Deacs!

Headline will be home team lost in big upset and for them it will be true. Somewhere Lennox Rawlings approves of all this.

Please tell me Lennox is retired or dead. I despised that dude. I always appreciated Ed Hardin and Country Dan even when they were critical (as they had a right to be). But Lennox was the walking definition of blatantly biased and unfair piling on to your city's home team.

Please tell me Lennox is retired or dead. I despised that dude. I always appreciated Ed Hardin and Country Dan even when they were critical (as they had a right to be). But Lennox was the walking definition of blatantly biased and unfair piling on to your city's home team.

And the holeiest of illiterate Tarholes to boot.

The WS Journal could just hire one of us to write an article after the game. Pay like $50 bucks per article or whatever.

I mean I could type:

Laravia sets career high as Deacs take down UNC

Jake Laravia said "my jump hook felt good" in the post game and...or something so 8th grade basic writing --- at least it would be accurate (take down/defeat) as opposed to completely ridiculous wrong.

Received an email from the Journal earlier today at 2pm. Subject line "Wake Forest's Jake LaRavia projected for selection in first round of Thursday night's NBA Draft" with a sub-header description of "A preview of Thursday night’s NBA Draft, when Wake Forest’s Jake LaRavia and Alondes Williams will learn more about their pro basketball futures."

Nothing like hearing about what may happen on Thursday night on Friday afternoon. Maybe I should subscribe to get more breaking coverage like this?

The Journal isn't alone. I discontinued the local rag two years ago when I realized it was consistently a day behind reporting events as an evening paper. Covid finished off a lot of day late, dollar short businesses.

Back