• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Masters 2022 Official Thread

i’m personally way more interested in tiger than dopey scottie scheffler.

It's great to have the big cat back. That he can make the cut after like 2 years off is pretty darn amazing. I don't ever see him getting back in the top 10 because he won't play often enough to get there, but I do think this means there is a good chance he'll win again on tour and maybe even a major. That said, Scheffler seems like a good dude and is playing better than anyone else in the world this year. If he finishes this off, he's basically already won POY before the end of April. The man deserves his due. That said, I hope he doesn't run away with it so that it's at least a little interesting on Sunday.

I find it amusing when people criticize the coverage of the greatest and most influential player who’s ever played, who nearly died and lost his leg in a car accident, who couldn’t even walk on his own a year ago, now playing in the Masters, making the cut and not out of the realm of possibility of winning.

I don’t think it’s an overstatement to say this is one of the biggest comeback sports stories in history. So, yes, they’re going to cover that more than Scottie Scheffler who 90% of the population has still never heard of.

I find it amusing when people criticize the coverage of the greatest and most influential player who’s ever played, who nearly died and lost his leg in a car accident, who couldn’t even walk on his own a year ago, now playing in the Masters, making the cut and not out of the realm of possibility of winning.

I don’t think it’s an overstatement to say this is one of the biggest comeback sports stories in history. So, yes, they’re going to cover that more than Scottie Scheffler who 90% of the population has still never heard of.

Of course Tiger is a big story and it should be covered - as appropriate. Golf fans are interested in Tiger but they are also interested in watching other people hit golf shots. I would rather watch other people hit golf shots than Tiger on the range or Tiger on the putting green or Tiger preparing to hit a shot or Tiger walking to the next hole.

Of course Tiger is a big story and it should be covered - as appropriate. Golf fans are interested in Tiger but they are also interested in watching other people hit golf shots. I would rather watch other people hit golf shots than Tiger on the range or Tiger on the putting green or Tiger preparing to hit a shot or Tiger walking to the next hole.

We saw every hit the leaders made yesterday.

yeah the coverage is really outstanding. (and the website/app)

why is will putting from the rough on purpose, cmon man. but yeah agree with the announcers that it was odd to lay up on the short par 4, esp given these winds.

Dustin going with the golf scarf. I couldn't imagine hitting a golf ball wearing a scarf

Schwartzel has on flood pants.

So far today I would say there has not been an inordinate amount of coverage of Tiger.

Scottie is threatening to run away and hide.

Zalatoris had been playing well today. Then he hit his tee shot on 12 in Wrays Creek and managed a bogey. Then, he hit his third shot on 13 into the creek. His wheels fell off at Amen Corner.

Zalatoris had been playing well today. Then he hit his tee shot on 12 in Wrays Creek and managed a bogey. Then, he hit his third shot on 13 into the creek. His wheels fell off at Amen Corner.

yeah he’s been officially cooked by amen corner. oddly his putting was actually pretty good but his irons were inconsistent.

I'll take all the coverage we can get about Tiger. And while I'm at it let's give huge applause to Dottie Pepper as one of the truly fun, interesting, informative and human on-course commentators EVER. She, along with Bones before he got on JT's bag are fantastic.

Schwartzel has on flood pants.

So far today I would say there has not been an inordinate amount of coverage of Tiger.

Scottie is threatening to run away and hide.

On the weekend, everyone playing after Tiger starts with a better chance of winning than Tiger. On Thursday and Friday, the bigger story is who is playing rather than who is winning.

I'm just really enjoying not having to listen to Azinger.

Zalatoris and Webb playing together tomorrow for the final round. Wish they were starting later (1:30 tee time), but pretty cool to have an all Deacon pair.

Zalatoris and Webb playing together tomorrow for the final round. Wish they were starting later (1:30 tee time), but pretty cool to have an all Deacon pair.

Hope they play better today. Both had bad back nines yesterday and would be in the top 10 if they played the back 9 even.
Weather will be much better this afternoon. Expecting much lower scores.

Should I cash out my bet on Cam Smith to win for just over three times the bet or let it ride? Note - it is not a lot of money

What was Cam pre-tournament, like 25-1? He has shown he can go low. I would have said it would be hard to track down Scheffler mid-round yesterday, but he definitely showed some cracks on the back nine yesterday.

After a slow start, Z is having a great round. -5 after 16:and moved up to 4th place.

Back