• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Masters 2022 Official Thread

Stubhub right now has the womens am in the 200s. That’s every bit as fun as a practice round.

Nobody is talking about the Women's Am so your comment was a bait and switch. How much would I have to pay for an actual Master's ticket? I'll take Thursday.

FWIW, Rachel Kuehn, Carolina Lopez-Chacarra and Emilia Migliaccio are all playing in the Master's women's am. Rounds 1&2 are this Wednesday and Thursday at Champions Retreat. The Final Round is set for Saturday at Augusta National. The Final Round will be televised on NBC from noon to 3 pm. Here is the link to the website: https://www.anwagolf.com/en_US/tournament/index.html Deac Jennifer Kupcho won this event in 2019.

The womens am is my favorite day of the week. You can see everything. Their is solid competition on the back 9. The store is fully stocked.

I hate I’m missing it this year due to having to work in NOLA.

You folks are missing out.

The womens am is my favorite day of the week. You can see everything. Their is solid competition on the back 9. The store is fully stocked.

I hate I’m missing it this year due to having to work in NOLA.

You folks are missing out.

Such classic DR. People are talking about the Masters, about missing out on the lottery for Masters tickets, etc. DR chimes in to ridicule people for participating in the lottery and shame them for not "just doing it" and heading down to the tournament because "ticket prices are dropping and you can get tickets for this Saturday for $200". When pressed it turns out the $200 is for tickets to the Women's Am - Oh, OK. The Women's Am is a great event and a great option if you want to see Augusta for the first time. But that was not the topic at hand - everyone was talking about the Masters tournament - the clear implication in your post was that Masters tickets could be had for cheap so why not go?

Turns out Masters tickets are more like $2,000 per day on Stubhub and the like - as I figured. And, turns out DR is not even going to the Women's Am, even though it is his "favorite day of the week" - even though it is not the same week as the Masters... Good grief.

Such classic WF alum criticism back. Have you been to the Women's Am? What event did you think was "this Saturday." ??

Tickets for all week have softened significantly. I'll definitely have some 500-700 most days next week. Particularly for 1/2 days. Or wait, is a half day not the Masters either??

If you are relying on the lottery to ever walk the course you might as well go to the women's event.

Cam Young just made the Masters. Wake will have three players play in the tournament - Webb, Zalatoris and Young.

Cam Young just made the Masters. Wake will have three players play in the tournament - Webb, Zalatoris and Young.

Kudos. Stock rising. He was #145 in the world to start the year.

Such classic WF alum criticism back. Have you been to the Women's Am? What event did you think was "this Saturday." ??

Tickets for all week have softened significantly. I'll definitely have some 500-700 most days next week. Particularly for 1/2 days. Or wait, is a half day not the Masters either??

I have 2 badges every year and this is my 41st - been going (almost) every year since I was 6 years old. Ummmm no to the bold part. MAYBE and I mean MAYBE a practice round could be found for that. Maybe.

Tickets really down this year. Hate to hear about people getting old and gray waiting on their dreams.

Tickets in the 200s for this Saturday and continuing to fall. What's the wait, go do it folks....

Stick around and do a little work and you can return home with a nice profit too.

N/m - posted before reading rest of thread

You find a way to shit on Wake fans, alum, sports team and admin on just about every thread. It's an art.

FWIW, Rachel Kuehn, Carolina Lopez-Chacarra and Emilia Migliaccio are all playing in the Master's women's am. Rounds 1&2 are this Wednesday and Thursday at Champions Retreat. The Final Round is set for Saturday at Augusta National. The Final Round will be televised on NBC from noon to 3 pm. Here is the link to the website: https://www.anwagolf.com/en_US/tournament/index.html Deac Jennifer Kupcho won this event in 2019.

Don't forget Lauren Walsh!

Wake women with 4 players in ANWA...most of any university!

I have 2 badges every year and this is my 41st - been going (almost) every year since I was 6 years old. Ummmm no to the bold part. MAYBE and I mean MAYBE a practice round could be found for that. Maybe.

I’m so confused by the logic. Let’s say you hit the lottery and use the tickets instead of lawfully selling them. Aren’t you out the same amount of money??

I just never fully understand the head of the consumer. Just trying to understand so I can keep raking in the coin from the lowly working class.

You are a liar and a dick. What made you think one person on the "Official Masters" thread, who were all discussing going to the Masters, trying to get tickets to the Masters, participating in the lottery for tickets to the Masters, etc. were interested in how much tickets were for the Women's Am? The posts leading to yours were:

you: " I’ve never won the lotto either.
Which of course has zilch to do with going to the Masters.

someone else: "Siiiick brag bro"

Your response: "Tickets really down this year. Hate to hear about people getting old and gray waiting on their dreams.
Tickets in the 200s for this Saturday and continuing to fall. What's the wait, go do it folks....
Stick around and do a little work and you can return home with a nice profit too.

Where is the transition to talking about a completely different event? No, this is you making fun of people wasting their lives and not chasing their dream of going to the Masters because, hey tickets are cheap - what are you waiting for? Complete bullshit.

I’m so confused by the logic. Let’s say you hit the lottery and use the tickets instead of lawfully selling them. Aren’t you out the same amount of money??

I just never fully understand the head of the consumer. Just trying to understand so I can keep raking in the coin from the lowly working class.

I don't even understand the question. My family has had badges for 50 years. I don't go out and buy them each year on the secondary market. They cost me what 8 egg salad sandwiches cost each day thank goodness. My wife and kids and I go a few days each year and I give away the other days to friends. We enjoy going and enjoy giving them to friends even more. You see, not EVERYTHING is about money.

Rule of thumb and I have found this to be 100% true over my lengthy lifetime. Remember this fellas. Take it from a dude in his 50s. Those who brag that they have money NEVER do. NEVER. I have never in my life one single time seen this rule of thumb broken and I would bet my life you wouldn't break it either.

LDE off the charts

Back