• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Masters 2022 Official Thread

My wife is out of town this Saturday and i have the kids otherwise I would seriously contemplate going. That has not occurred to me before.

I’m sure it’s a fine event, just like the member-guest in June. I want to go to the MASTERS, not to watch some high school women play golf on a really nice course.

Tiger Woods +6000
Webb Simpson +6500

Webb Simpson's odds this year are right below Tiger's. Tiger hasn't played in forever, may not even play, and he is still getting better odds than Webb.

So, does anyone think Tiger is going to play……?

I think he's there helping out JT and letting Charlie play. He may very well be testing himself as well, but I have my doubts that he tees it up this week. But I think he will play the British.

My wife is out of town this Saturday and i have the kids otherwise I would seriously contemplate going. That has not occurred to me before.

You should seriously look at going next year. It is every bit as good as a practice round. Practice rounds are just meant to look at the course, enjoy the Masters amenities, and watch a few meaningless golf shots (and I mean a few, most players play 9 twice during the whole week). You get every bit of that in the day before at the Women's tournament and, frankly, some of the men's players are out there too playing practice rounds behind them. Plus, it's cool seeing the competition and the women face the same decisions on 13 and 15.

It has a different lotto entirely. Last year it was a 4 figure ticket. This year it has crashed and burned. Great opportunity for folks for sure.

If you're going to buy a ticket from the secondhand market, is the best way to do so on stubhub etc, or just drive down and take your chances on Washington or wherever they sell the most tickets?

Any of the boards’ regulars going to be there for the Monday practice round? NoVa and I will be there to pop his Augusta cherry.

If you're going to buy a ticket from the secondhand market, is the best way to do so on stubhub etc, or just drive down and take your chances on Washington or wherever they sell the most tickets?

I mean all of my tickets are listed on all the various sites now if that gives you any idea my thoughts on it. I will be completely out today or tomorrow and have 0 tickets. And I will go to the Masters most days next week. Tickets are plentiful and much cheaper on the day of, particularly the afternoon of, most days out on Washington Road.

Most days I flip my rental houses, grab lunch at T Bonz and someone is strolling up tired after lunch and ready to unload their passes (reusable) for cheap.

Not enough discussion of egg salad sandwiches on this thread and therefore I declare it an invalid Masters thread.

is the food actually good or is it some novelty of paying $2 for it at a place where everything else is obscenely expensive?

The chap sandwiches are actually pretty good.

Egg Salad >>>> Pimento Cheese

I'll actually push back on everything else being obscenely expensive. The tickets are not expensive, if you get them from Augusta. For badge holders or lottery winners they are extremely affordable for the event you're getting. Second hand market is where you get got.

Merch is not cheap, but no merch is at any golf event or pro sporting event I've ever been to. Add on to the fact golf clothes a lot of times are expensive without a masters logo and it seems in line.

is the food actually good or is it some novelty of paying $2 for it at a place where everything else is obscenely expensive?

This question gives me goose bumps. Finally, someone is concerned with what they should be about The Masters.

I'm clearly all about the egg salad sandwiches but all of the sandwiches are really good. The bread is incredibly fresh and soft because all of the sandwiches are made overnight and during the day as needed. Oh and you gotta get a Moon Pie, choc chip cookie etc. It is ALL great. (Like I even need to tell you that moon Pies are excellent) And yeah, there is some novelty to the price no doubt. But damn are the egg salad sandwiches perfection.

Several years ago there was a big storm overnight in Augusta and the power was and the kitchen where the sandwiches are made couldn't make the sandwiches. So they didnt have enough in the morning. I almost completely lost my mind and was ready to throw my badge in the trash and never come back. How dare Augusta National not have a generator backup at the place where egg salad sandwiches are made

It's legit good. Honestly there's almost nothing about The Masters that I could even begin to label as disappointing, not that I've been many times. It's one of the few events that lived up to the hype so much that it seemed to elevate the behavior of the crowd that attends, especially compared to other golf tournaments.

Agree that the food at Augusta is great.

Honestly the Masters shirt I bought is not very comfortable.

isn't the real shit getting actual Augusta National merch vs Masters?

I mean all of my tickets are listed on all the various sites now if that gives you any idea my thoughts on it. I will be completely out today or tomorrow and have 0 tickets. And I will go to the Masters most days next week. Tickets are plentiful and much cheaper on the day of, particularly the afternoon of, most days out on Washington Road.

Most days I flip my rental houses, grab lunch at T Bonz and someone is strolling up tired after lunch and ready to unload their passes (reusable) for cheap.

I assume the players do not eat there before they play given the likelihood of cramps.

Back