• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Masters 2022 Official Thread

This question gives me goose bumps. Finally, someone is concerned with what they should be about The Masters.

I'm clearly all about the egg salad sandwiches but all of the sandwiches are really good. The bread is incredibly fresh and soft because all of the sandwiches are made overnight and during the day as needed. Oh and you gotta get a Moon Pie, choc chip cookie etc. It is ALL great. (Like I even need to tell you that moon Pies are excellent) And yeah, there is some novelty to the price no doubt. But damn are the egg salad sandwiches perfection.

Several years ago there was a big storm overnight in Augusta and the power was and the kitchen where the sandwiches are made couldn't make the sandwiches. So they didnt have enough in the morning. I almost completely lost my mind and was ready to throw my badge in the trash and never come back. How dare Augusta National not have a generator backup at the place where egg salad sandwiches are made

Tell me more about this egg salad. Is it just eggs and mayo? Relish in there? Yellow mustard? Paprika?

The best place to eat is the clubhouse dining room (The Trophy Room) when you are playing there the next day. They will make literally ANYTHING you want them to make. Anything, just say it. No need for menus. And that feeling knowing you're going to draw if back there the following morning is just damn. Staying in a cottage on 18, and you and your buddy make drinks for each hand and go walk the course backwards at midnight (because you're too fired up to sleep) the night before - barefoot. Until security tells you to get your ass back to the cottage and now.

That's the only thing better than a day of egg salad sandwiches and watching the best play The Masters - if it happened.

Berckman's isn't such a bad place to eat either. Breakfast there while the players are rolling out, a quick lunch, then a couple of dozen oysters to end the day.

Never seen so much #humblebragging going on in one thread, but yes, I am jealous of all of you.

Just so everyone knows, I am always available to fill out a foursome at Augusta - always. And I can get my ball around the course pretty well so I won't be a bother.

What’s the deal with the peach ice cream? Can’t be using fresh peaches since not in season.

My mom just told me the guy that built their house dropped off two tickets to Tuesday’s practice round today.

Oh and everything is in a Masters package/bag - chips, water, ice cream sandwiches, pretty much everything but the Moon Pies. The sandwiches are in green plastic just in case one is dropped for a few seconds it will blend in with the grass better. But the trash volunteers - mostly local high school kids - come out of nowhere to instantly pick up any trash.

There is nothing humble about the Masters. It's the apex of pretentiousness. Even the merch tent employees brag about their role.

And as with anyone who has experienced it, I am 100% OK with that.

Any of the boards’ regulars going to be there for the Monday practice round? NoVa and I will be there to pop his Augusta cherry.

Holler at me.

There are a couple of extra rooms at our house on the Westlake course Sunday/Monday.

There is nothing humble about the Masters. It's the apex of pretentiousness. Even the merch tent employees brag about their role.

And as with anyone who has experienced it, I am 100% OK with that.

‘Tent’ is an understatement

Tiger sounds like he's going to give it a go!!

It's happening

Tiger sounds like he's going to give it a go!!

It's happening

Think he makes the cut?

Tiger's last competitive round was the COVID Masters in November 2020. Woods made the cut, finished T38 and carded a 76 on his last round. 17 months, a horrific car crash and multiple injuries ago....

Think he makes the cut?

Tiger's last competitive round was the COVID Masters in November 2020. Woods made the cut, finished T38 and carded a 76 on his last round. 17 months, a horrific car crash and multiple injuries ago....

finished with a bunch of straight birdies iirc he has momentum on his side

bump for Masters week. Tiger is apparently wearing FJ's this week, which is hilarious. All true golfers know Nike golf gear blows.

Back