• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Masters 2022 Official Thread

Yup, I'd say I was shocked but nothing surprises me about Tiger. Question is, does he make the cut?
Deserves a poll........

Maybe not if it were a normal tournament, but the Masters field is a watered down field from a normal tour stop. You have the top 50 but also a bunch of old past champs and amateurs, so you can throw about 15 out right there. Add to that you only have a field of 90-100 instead of a field of the 130-150 fields you see at most tour events. So it's actually much easier for Tiger to make this cut than it would have been last week in San Antonio - he's only battling 80 or so players for 72 spots. If he's hitting it well, as has been reported, and his short game is at least okay, he should make the cut pretty easily.

Maybe not if it were a normal tournament, but the Masters field is a watered down field from a normal tour stop. You have the top 50 but also a bunch of old past champs and amateurs, so you can throw about 15 out right there. Add to that you only have a field of 90-100 instead of a field of the 130-150 fields you see at most tour events. So it's actually much easier for Tiger to make this cut than it would have been last week in San Antonio - he's only battling 80 or so players for 72 spots. If he's hitting it well, as has been reported, and his short game is at least okay, he should make the cut pretty easily.

Masters cut is low 50 and ties, so probably somewhere between 52-60 players will end up making the cut. 10-shot rule is no longer in effect either. Would definitely expect Tiger to make the cut, and wouldn't be surprised if he threatened a top-10 finish.

Insanity!...I just found out yesterday that my GrandPa has played Augusta. It's been years, but he was saying how he worked with a guy, who's friends with a guy that was (is?) a member. Not sure how old he (the member) is now.

I had always known my Grandpa loved to play golf...he and my dad have played Pebble Beach, Pinehurst and some other swanky resort courses, and my GPa used to go to Scotland every year to play some of the links courses. He's played the Old Course and some others.

Just sitting down and listening to all of his stories from back in the day is just incredible. I hope he can survive his radiation/chemo treatments here in the next couple of weeks...I'd love to hear more about the good ol' days from him.

Masters cut is low 50 and ties, so probably somewhere between 52-60 players will end up making the cut. 10-shot rule is no longer in effect either. Would definitely expect Tiger to make the cut, and wouldn't be surprised if he threatened a top-10 finish.

Thanks for the correction - thought it was in the normal 70-72 area. Still easier than a normal event, and I think Tiger makes it.

Are we doing a Masters pool?

Insanity!...I just found out yesterday that my GrandPa has played Augusta. It's been years, but he was saying how he worked with a guy, who's friends with a guy that was (is?) a member. Not sure how old he (the member) is now.

I had always known my Grandpa loved to play golf...he and my dad have played Pebble Beach, Pinehurst and some other swanky resort courses, and my GPa used to go to Scotland every year to play some of the links courses. He's played the Old Course and some others.

Just sitting down and listening to all of his stories from back in the day is just incredible. I hope he can survive his radiation/chemo treatments here in the next couple of weeks...I'd love to hear more about the good ol' days from him.

Sending your Gramps best wishes and health.

Given what he’s been through, I’d be surprised if he made the cut.

If it's a relatively high scoring Masters I could see Tiger right there on the back 9 on Sunday. I mean if the winner is going to be like 5 or 6 under I could see him winning in that kind of Masters.

If it's a relatively high scoring Masters I could see Tiger right there on the back 9 on Sunday. I mean if the winner is going to be like 5 or 6 under I could see him winning in that kind of Masters.

It would be outstanding if he were in it on Sunday. I'm excited he's playing at all.

Who’s going to be there tomorrow?
The greens should be soft and the walking paths will get mushy in a hurry.

Given what he’s been through, I’d be surprised if he made the cut.

I don't know. I felt strongly that he was completely done and no longer competitive around 2017-18. We all see how that thought turned out.

There is nothing humble about the Masters. It's the apex of pretentiousness. Even the merch tent employees brag about their role.

And as with anyone who has experienced it, I am 100% OK with that.
As a former merch tent employee I can say it did afford me some of the only experiences I've ever had worth bragging about.

It’s motha fuckin tiger time. I can’t wait to care about golf until he’s out of contention.

I've made a fool of myself counting Tger out. Not doing that again. I think Tiger is going to be capable of winning forever now. He's got so much muscle memory and he's so good between the ears he's just going to always be good and have a chance to win when he plays.

Is Tiger playing this week? Trying to find out and haven't heard anyone mention it.

Back