• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Masters 2022 Official Thread

Tiger teeing off was such a big deal that it held my wife's attention for at least 90 seconds.

She's going to be a joy to go with on Saturday.

Guy standing next to me yesterday on 13 at Augusta said "That guy had a good tee off - who is that?" Followed by "I haven't gone golfing in several years. I really need to golf more" That verbiage was honestly triggering.

I wanted to say yeah I have been tennising in years either so I know how you feel. I really need to tennis more.

Guy standing next to me yesterday on 13 at Augusta said "That guy had a good tee off - who is that?" Followed by "I haven't gone golfing in several years. I really need to golf more" That verbiage was honestly triggering.

I wanted to say yeah I have been tennising in years either so I know how you feel.

That's physically painful.

Is Tiger playing this week? Trying to find out and haven't heard anyone mention it.

Yeah, I've been watching Live From the last 3 mornings, and Tiger has been at least 75% of their coverage. I was never a big Tiger fan back in the day, though have liked him more in recent years, but I get it - a year ago we didn't know if he'd ever walk again, much less swing a golf club. The 1 thing I've liked about the coverage is no one is talking about Phil.

I like Tiger, but I don't want to watch him standing in the fairway waiting for the green to clear for 5 minutes.

I like Tiger, but I don't want to watch him standing in the fairway waiting for the green to clear for 5 minutes.

I think it's great Tiger is back and all, but I keep hearing the sports media compare his "comeback" to Ben Hogan's and slighting Ben Hogan by saying "well Tiger is older," making it seem as if Tiger's comeback is better. Couple things, 46 today is probably comparable to 36 by then, but the biggest thing is, the advances in medical treatments for those type of injuries are light years ahead of where they were when Hogan had his crash. Tiger deserves all the credit in the world, but there should not be any attempt to diminish Hogan's comeback. What that man went through to come back was incredible and remember, back in those days often the final day was 36 holes.

also maybe we should let tiger finish 9 holes since 8 was a shitshow

Cam Smith is playing so well right now. Opened with a double bogey, but has birdied 4 the last 5 holes on the front. Game looks easy to him. His mullet fits right in at Augusta -- outside of the grounds.

I think it's great Tiger is back and all, but I keep hearing the sports media compare his "comeback" to Ben Hogan's and slighting Ben Hogan by saying "well Tiger is older," making it seem as if Tiger's comeback is better. Couple things, 46 today is probably comparable to 36 by then, but the biggest thing is, the advances in medical treatments for those type of injuries are light years ahead of where they were when Hogan had his crash. Tiger deserves all the credit in the world, but there should not be any attempt to diminish Hogan's comeback. What that man went through to come back was incredible and remember, back in those days often the final day was 36 holes.

Completely agree about Hogan's comeback - that and he wasn't the 80 mph proximate cause of his accident. That said, Hogan never came across as the most likeable fellow.

Pilch, Cam may have the world's worst haircut, but I think he rolls the rock better than anyone in the game. So anytime he's hitting it well, he's gonna have a good shot at winning.

Completely agree about Hogan's comeback - that and he wasn't the 80 mph proximate cause of his accident. That said, Hogan never came across as the most likeable fellow.

Pilch, Cam may have the world's worst haircut, but I think he rolls the rock better than anyone in the game. So anytime he's hitting it well, he's gonna have a good shot at winning.

I've read about his life and he had a really tough one, even without the accident.

I wanted to say yeah I have been tennising in years either so I know how you feel. I really need to tennis more.

:rolleyes:

Ive read I think every book ever written about Hogan. Two of my favorite Hogan stories that come immediately to mind :

After hitting his tee shot on #1 at Augusta and the ball rolling toward the rough, his rookie playing partner said "Whoa ball! Whoa! Sit!" And then said as they walked off the tee " It looks fine. Nice shot Mr Hogan" to which Hogan replied "Son, don't talk to me and don't ever talk to my ball". Might have made that a nervous round for that rookie.

And late in his career at a tournament press conference Hogan was asked "Mr Hogan, you're considered the greatest shotmaker in the history of the game. How is it you have never had an ace in a tournament?" And Hogan replied "I've never aimed at the hole". Awesome.

Hard to filter out with all this discussion but want to ask this question

If I wanted to take my dad to the Masters (not sure how many years left he’d be able to) what is the best way to to it without having to pay secondary market prices (I’m never going to win the lottery)? He lives in South Charlotte so do we just drive down some point during the week and see if we can buy on site?

All the tickets are distributed before the start of the tournament. There's no ticket window at the gate. Driving down to Augusta, you would be buying on the secondary market from a ginger predator in shorts and a Duke golf shirt.

Knew I should have picked Cam Snith guys been going off but I can’t see and the mullet stache combo lol.

Back