• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest @ Georgia Tech - Wed, 1/19 @ 7pm - Anybody going?

I have secured free tickets from a Georgia Tech neighbor who has decided he is done for the season and is giving away his season tickets.

So I will be there.

Red Panda, guys. Red fucking Panda.

And a Deacon victory, of course.

I have secured free tickets from a Georgia Tech neighbor who has decided he is done for the season and is giving away his season tickets.

Wow. I mean, their W/L isn't great, but they have played some good teams close. Their only bad loss is to Miami of Ohio, and they clearly don't matchup with UNC very well. But other than that, this doesn't appear to be a Manning/[redacted] level of futility team. Idk, I don't think I'd give up on them quite yet. A loss tonight would be tough for them though.

ATS, just know that if we win tonight, you're going to have to go to every Wake game in Atlanta for the rest of your life.

My kid who goes to Tech will be there rooting for the Deacons.

Our boys are in the building:

FJeuhdAXoAcD1Wj

Looks like McCray, Taylor, Marsh, Whitt, and Monsanto against the walkons

(Stan tweeted this out)

man it's so much fun to be excited to watch every game. my progression was

watch every game religiously during Odom/Skip/Dino/beginning of Bz eras >
only watching big games (Duke/UNC/Cuse/UL/etc) >
watching every game religiously during the one good Manning/Collins year >
stop watching altogether because I don't want to see one single to give any ammo for keeping Manning >
watch most games (last season) >
watch every game religiously

Wow. I mean, their W/L isn't great, but they have played some good teams close. Their only bad loss is to Miami of Ohio, and they clearly don't matchup with UNC very well. But other than that, this doesn't appear to be a Manning/[redacted] level of futility team. Idk, I don't think I'd give up on them quite yet. A loss tonight would be tough for them though.

Yeah, I made some stupid joke about giving up too quickly on the defending ACC Champions.

Lots of apathy around the program... No real support for Pastner, but also no real urgency for him to go. Kind of purgatory.

ATS, just know that if we win tonight, you're going to have to go to every Wake game in Atlanta for the rest of your life.

The problem with that is that I've been on hand for every Atlanta loss since I moved here in 2013. So, while I didn't start the streak... I also won't be the reason it ends.

Well, the good news is that Mucius, Davien and Whitt are the only Wake players from the team that got worked by Ga Tech (both times) last year. I’d imagine Forbes isn’t real thrilled about those games either. I’m interested to see what he’s got up his sleeve this time around, aside from an overhauled roster.

man it's so much fun to be excited to watch every game. my progression was

watch every game religiously during Odom/Skip/Dino/beginning of Bz eras >
only watching big games (Duke/UNC/Cuse/UL/etc) before completely forgetting when games were>
watching games I could get during the one good Manning/Collins year but knew it was fools gold and would not move the overall needle. not uncommon to say "we played last night?">
stop watching altogether because I don't want to see one single to give any ammo for keeping Manning >
watch games that i could easily access(last season) >
watch nearly every game religiously

Lets F N GO!

Well, the good news is that Mucius, Davien and Whitt are the only Wake players from the team that got worked by Ga Tech (both times) last year. I’d imagine Forbes isn’t real thrilled about those games either. I’m interested to see what he’s got up his sleeve this time around, aside from an overhauled roster.

The overhauled roster is really an excellent place to start.

Look at Monsanto in that picture waiting for the dish so he can bury the three. I'm telling you, we're going to rotate him in for Mucius or potentially Sy and he's going to hit some dagger threes tonight...I can feel it.

Let's GO Deacs!

Looks like Forbes out tonight due to illness. Savage coaching

The problem with that is that I've been on hand for every Atlanta loss since I moved here in 2013. So, while I didn't start the streak... I also won't be the reason it ends.

But have you been to a game with PHD? Together the vibes might align.

When is the last time an assistant took over for a coach for a game?

Back