• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Return of Tie Dye Nation - One Night Only - 1/12 vs. Duke

Years ago during a time out (once per game) about 3 trumpet players would go to 1 of the corners of the court and play the "da da da da da da" and then that corner of fans would cheer "go Deacs" they would then move the the next corner and do the same, eventually moving to all 4 corners of the court, with each corner getting louder. We'll when it got to coach K's corner I could see him yelling "get the F*&$ out of here" or something like that. He was absolutely livid. Good times.

Ok, that jackass will remember that. So, do that again for this game.

Our current students care about sports. Football showed that in spades this season. I think they'll surprise us and bring the home court advantage back to the Joel pretty soon.

That’s so wrong but so hilarious.

You know there will be. But hopefully Currie and company will offer it with some good natured ball busting.

They should bring back the motorcycle too, just for him.

All of this got me wanting to re-watch the 2003 game when we broke the 17 game losing streak. That was the year after I graduated and I came back for that game. We won in double OT. TRENT Strickland had a monster dunk as it was winding down. The students sang happy birthday to K…it was great.

lol I don’t know if he posts on here or not but my freshman year I had like half my dorm convinced that Naz-T was my biological father that had left my mother and started a new family.

This is awesome. I must spread more rep before I give more rep to the hand.

Man, the Joel sure looked empty. We need something about half that size. ;) :rolleyes:

That’s so wrong but so hilarious.

It became a long running joke with my wife when we were engaged that dad was going to pass down the bucket hat and I was going to take over the family business. She still nudges me every time we see him at a Wake event and says “there’s your dad!” and I have to tell her to be quiet because he refuses to acknowledge me in public.

Mine got converted into DIY masks during the pandemic owing to multiple large holes (and it was too heavy to wear as a nightshirt).

Wouldn’t it have been more effective to use a shirt without a bunch of large holes???

For NazT, I think we need an intro similar to Phil Hartman introducing Chris Farley in the Matt Foley SNL sketch...

"OK everyone... We've had Naz-T Deac locked in the Reynolds basement for the last decade with Zombie Nation on a continuous loop. This morning, we took him off the horse tranquilizers and loaded him up with a 6-pack of Red Bulls. We let him know it's 2003 again and Skip Prosser and Josh Howard are expecting big things out of him tonight. Please do not look Naz-T directly in the eyes and for the love of all things holy, don't say the words 'Manning' or 'Buzz', as it may send him into blind rage. Ladies and Gentlemen... Naz-T Deac!"

<jump around immediate starts blaring>

We have a game against Syracuse first. Pretty dumb to promote this when we have them coming in. It makes it look like we are overlooking Cuse.

We have a game against Syracuse first. Pretty dumb to promote this when we have them coming in. It makes it look like we are overlooking Cuse.

We need to promote any and everything at Wake Forest. We have completely sucked for two decades. I think appearances are out the window.

Good for you John Currie! Sell any and everything!

They should bring back the motorcycle too, just for him.

All of this got me wanting to re-watch the 2003 game when we broke the 17 game losing streak. That was the year after I graduated and I came back for that game. We won in double OT. TRENT Strickland had a monster dunk as it was winding down. The students sang happy birthday to K…it was great.

They brought it out Tuesday for FSU.

They only released a teaser for the Duke game.

There is a promotion for the Cuse game, as well. Talladega Forbes T-shirt.

Both games are important, of course... But that Duke game is circled given it is K's last trip to the Joel and our best chance for a marquee win.

Man, the Joel sure looked empty. We need something about half that size. ;) :rolleyes:

Now do most of the other games that season...

No matter where you fall on the need for a new arena debate, there's zero debate over whether the Joel is bigger than it should be for the size of our fan base.

I was in the Joel many times when the place was packed before Skip died, even a few times when Dino was still around.

The problem is not the Joel. The problem was incompetent coaches hired by an incompetent Athletic Director.

I am hopeful that both of those problems have been corrected.

Back