• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Return of Tie Dye Nation - One Night Only - 1/12 vs. Duke

Dumb question but… will they be providing shirts to everyone that attends?

Agreed. Bringing it back every two years or so is a nice touch but no more than that.

Obligatory post.

This use to make me so sad. Now tho, it actually gets me pumped again because for the first time in a decade I feel like we will be good again.

We will never be there again because college basketball isn't the same, but the wave of vibes is approaching.

Now do most of the other games that season...

No matter where you fall on the need for a new arena debate, there's zero debate over whether the Joel is bigger than it should be for the size of our fan base.

Bro, we were fucking selling the Joel out for our exhibition games against WSSU back in the day. I had seats in the upper bowl, that shit was always full or close to it.

They only released a teaser for the Duke game.

There is a promotion for the Cuse game, as well. Talladega Forbes T-shirt.

Both games are important, of course... But that Duke game is circled given it is K's last trip to the Joel and our best chance for a marquee win.

I've heard Forbes is going to wrestle a bear at halftime of the Pitt game. Get your tickets NOW!!!!!!

Years ago during a time out (once per game) about 3 trumpet players would go to 1 of the corners of the court and play the "da da da da da da" and then that corner of fans would cheer "go Deacs" they would then move the the next corner and do the same, eventually moving to all 4 corners of the court, with each corner getting louder. We'll when it got to coach K's corner I could see him yelling "get the F*&$ out of here" or something like that. He was absolutely livid. Good times.

We did that for a season during my time only it wasn't just trumpets because I did it a few times too. The deal was that we were supposed to play to the crowd and then face the benches and play to them.

Well...during the Maryland game one year (during the Gary Williams days)...some of us might have gotten a little too close and played a little too loudly during a time out.

We weren't allowed on the court after that.

For those interested in sports promotion as a business, do a youtube/google search on the Savannah Bananas minor league baseball team. They've turned a baseball game into a party and they sell out every game. Obviously we cannot go to the extremes they do, but it is a good case study.

First of all - a free pack of gum to everyone at the dook game (see Childress - Durham)

Second - produce a video that includes the following highlights. RR 360 dunk, Childress blitz in the 95 ACCT game, All Tim Duncan games (except last one), the 2003 (?) 2ot game.

This use to make me so sad. Now tho, it actually gets me pumped again because for the first time in a decade I feel like we will be good again.

We will never be there again because college basketball isn't the same, but the wave of vibes is approaching.

All this. Took me right back to the days before the Era of Unwiped Ass and got me pumped.

anybody want to wear the tie dye Dino suit for the Duke game?

go to 2:30 on Ph’s video to see Dino in action

First of all - a free pack of gum to everyone at the dook game (see Childress - Durham)

Second - produce a video that includes the following highlights. RR 360 dunk, Childress blitz in the 95 ACCT game, All Tim Duncan games (except last one), the 2003 (?) 2ot game.

Most current students weren't even alive for any of that.

anybody want to wear the tie dye Dino suit for the Duke game?

go to 2:30 on Ph’s video to see Dino in action

To honor the guy who tried to snitch on Mack and got got?

So, I have a distinct memory of us playing Lil Wayne's "Fireman" before basketball games. I think when James Johnson was here, but I can't find those videos anywhere. Does anyone else remember that?

We have a game against Syracuse first. Pretty dumb to promote this when we have them coming in. It makes it look like we are overlooking Cuse.

I doubt our marketing matters in the team prep. They are looking ahead as much as any team does, but that's Forbes' job to keep them focused.

If you want people to dig out their old stuff might need the weekend to do it.

Bro, we were fucking selling the Joel out for our exhibition games against WSSU back in the day. I had seats in the upper bowl, that shit was always full or close to it.
Bullshit. There's been 2-3 seasons since the Joel opened when you could say it was mostly full all season. I think I missed a few games between the opening and 2006. I remember kids playing tag in the upper level during early season games in the Duncan years.

https://www.bloggersodear.com/2019/...have-they-declined-wellman-manning-[Redacted]

So, I have a distinct memory of us playing Lil Wayne's "Fireman" before basketball games. I think when James Johnson was here, but I can't find those videos anywhere. Does anyone else remember that?

oh yeah

that was defs a song during my time at Wake (05-09)

Back