• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Return of Tie Dye Nation - One Night Only - 1/12 vs. Duke

We did that for a season during my time only it wasn't just trumpets because I did it a few times too. The deal was that we were supposed to play to the crowd and then face the benches and play to them.

Well...during the Maryland game one year (during the Gary Williams days)...some of us might have gotten a little too close and played a little too loudly during a time out.

We weren't allowed on the court after that.

Thanks a lot. This is why we can't have nice things :)

This might be a big cluster f getting into the game. Will be interesting. It took an extra half hour to get into a football game this year with digital tickets. With proof of vax or neg testing required, I hope we are better prepared.

I can’t wait to laugh at posts 10 years from now that say: Remember that year we had Aldones, man that was place was nearly full every game.

This might be a big cluster f getting into the game. Will be interesting. It took an extra half hour to get into a football game this year with digital tickets. With proof of vax or neg testing required, I hope we are better prepared.

What gate were you going in? I never had to wait at all to get into a football game and I probably used all of the entrance gates during the season.

They're giving out shirts to 2000 people at the game with Forbes on the Deacon motorcyle. It looks reminiscent of something you'd find at Nascar or such. Somewhat tacky, somewhat hilariously retro.

If you dial in you may notice they are doing different promos for each game. This one is Deacondega, raced babies at half, Gave away the shirts with Forbes on a chopper, had RC car obstacle course in one media to.

I have located my old tye die and will wear it with a smile.

Gonna have to scoop a couple tie dyes this week. Looking forward to seeing what we can do with those ass holes from Durham.

Agreed. Bringing it back every two years or so is a nice touch but no more than that.

Obligatory post.

Sitting at that game, who would’ve thought that that was basically the high water mark and the program was about to completely unravel for more than a decade. Like sitting on a sunny beach, not knowing the earthquake happened across the ocean and the tsunami was already on the way. Crazy.

This use to make me so sad. Now tho, it actually gets me pumped again because for the first time in a decade I feel like we will be good again.

We will never be there again because college basketball isn't the same, but the wave of vibes is approaching.

Was talking to a buddy about this recently. College basketball in general doesn’t feel as “big” as it did in the 90’s/00’s. I used to regularly watch the Wednesday night game or other big games as part of my normal routine. Now, I can’t tell you the last time I watched a weekday game other than Wake. There’s less familiarity with players, games are overshadowed by other events on TV - something has been lost. I also think the NBA is a better, more watchable product now and have to think that’s contributed to this.

I’ve been telling you guys we’re coming, hide your keys for 20 years. Who’s laughing now, douche bags?

Agreed. Bringing it back every two years or so is a nice touch but no more than that.

Obligatory post.

Oh man Ph....thanks for the memories!!

Here’s hoping Wednesday night comes close to that video

GO DEACS!

What gate were you going in? I never had to wait at all to get into a football game and I probably used all of the entrance gates during the season.

Went into the gate to the right of the field house. It might have been the first game of the year so that might have explained it but it was a half hour wait.

Back