• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Plan my romantic getaway Pit jerks

My folks are taking the kids to the beach Feb 18-21 so I've got a long weekend with the wife. It's also her birthday weekend. Where should I take her within driving distance or at least within reasonable flight time and price range. We went to Charleston last year.

That's my wife's bday weekend as well. Let you know if I come up with anything.

Puerto Rico might be easy and it feels like a foreign country even though it’s part of the U.S. I stayed at the Copa Marina resort a few years back which was great for the price.

Spent three days in San Juan and three on the island of Vieques just off the main island. Had a great time. Vieques has an amazing biolumenesce bay. Took a night kayak trip there.

That's my wife's bday weekend as well. Let you know if I come up with anything.

Ok you plan it and I’ll take the credit for it and then we will just stay hammered and ignore our wives.

How about Albuquerque, Santa Fe, Flagstaff, and/or Sedona? Not tropical but different climate. Scenic.

If you want tropical, anywhere between St. Pete and Naples offers some nice beaches that aren’t going to be too crowded.

Agree with Ph... Flying into Ft. Myers would be easy. Tampa also works and is probably an easier airport, but then you'd want to drive south to Sarasota. If you fly into Ft. Myers, then Marco Island is a good spot.

go to Vegas and drive out to the Utah National Parks

or have you ever done New Orleans? went post-Mardi Gras February a few years ago -- was a fun time to go

Zion NP is amazing. That was the best part of Vegas.

Spent three days in San Juan and three on the island of Vieques just off the main island. Had a great time. Vieques has an amazing biolumenesce bay. Took a night kayak trip there.

Yeah, I've heard the Vieques bay is even better than the one near La Parguera.

Yeah, I've heard the Vieques bay is even better than the one near La Parguera.

So awesome to be in near total darkness watching fish shoot like a laser under the see through bottom kayak or watching light drip from your fingertips or paddles.

Go to Vegas; flights are cheap.
Blow a fortune with a Show and dinner at Carbone's.
You'll NEVER have a better meal.

So awesome to be in near total darkness watching fish shoot like a laser under the see through bottom kayak or watching light drip from your fingertips or paddles.

We put on snorkel masks and swam in the bay. It was fucking cool.

Hmmm…

We’re about to do an anniversary getaway just for one night to Biltmore…staying at the inn, doing the van Gogh Alive thing and an audio-guided house tour.

Not warm and tropical, but easy to do without flying, etc.

I agree with hesitating on places needing flights just now. Which makes warm and tropical difficult for 3 days.

Consider splitting the difference and go someplace like the Ritz on Amelia Island…? If you’re lucky the weather could be nice and if not it’s a nice place to hang out.

We looked into flying into Miami for the weekend and then we looked at hotel prices and we will not be flying into Miami for the weekend.

What's your budget?

Fly to Miami
Rent a car
Drive to the keys.
You can likely find a pretty reasonable Air BnB in the keys.
There are so old school motels in Largo that are actually cool but the middle keys are usually more reasonably priced and you could still take a day trip to Key West.

Last edited:
Back