• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Plan my romantic getaway Pit jerks

mako1331

Son of Mako's Mom
Reaction score
My folks are taking the kids to the beach Feb 18-21 so I've got a long weekend with the wife. It's also her birthday weekend. Where should I take her within driving distance or at least within reasonable flight time and price range. We went to Charleston last year.

There’s a direct, 2.5 hour flight to the Turks and Caicos from Charlotte. We did a 4 day weekend there last Memorial Day and loved it. I think almost anywhere is going to be pricy on Presidents Day weekend though.

Anybody done the tree house thing? Some of them look pretty amazing.

savannah. skip the container port though. #demonbeckbatsignal

savannah. skip the container port though. #demonbeckbatsignal

After driving to Jacksonville I can hardly in good conscience recommend driving that direction. Unless they find it romantic to crawl along a two lane crumbling interstate.

Ok like 1 of you is helpful but it's ok I still love you all.

Last edited:
I’m not sure where you live and therefore what’s driving distance, but you might consider a weekend at a cabin in Blue Ridge, GA.

Plenty of outdoor activities. Most places have a hot tub. There are some decent restaurant options from what I understand though I’ve never been. Big orchard with awesome hand pies. Most cabins have a hot tub.

I’m not sure where you live and therefore what’s driving distance, but you might consider a weekend at a cabin in Blue Ridge, GA.

Plenty of outdoor activities. Most places have a hot tub. There are some decent restaurant options from what I understand though I’ve never been. Big orchard with awesome hand pies. Most cabins have a hot tub.

Near the NC/Tennessee/Virginia line. I drove back through the Georgia mountains coming back from the Tough Mudder and that area is right pretty.

Back