• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Vaccine or negative test requirement for bball games starting next week

Townie copied a 2&2 post.

It’s a real shame that unmitigated assholery is a side effect of discussing COVID policy.

“Your”

Also, maybe I’m misremembering, but I believe I simply posted an article that reported the conclusions of a study. If you disagree with those conclusions, take it up with the scientists who conducted it.

Are we talking about the research paper by the scientists or the article by the non-scientists at The Harvard Gazette? Did the scientists claim the "vaccinated getting covid (even Omicron) at rates equal to the unvaccinated."
This is where we get back to your needing to recognize your ignorance and listen to the those who do understand this. We can start with understanding the difference between a scientific journal and a school website run by the public affairs and communication division talking about a scientific paper. I just got the kids down and washed the dishes so I can give you my attention now. What are your questions?

Are we talking about the research paper by the scientists or the article by the non-scientists at The Harvard Gazette? Did the scientists claim the "vaccinated getting covid (even Omicron) at rates equal to the unvaccinated."
This is where we get back to your needing to recognize your ignorance and listen to the those who do understand this. We can start with understanding the difference between a scientific journal and a school website run by the public affairs and communication division talking about a scientific paper. I just got the kids down and washed the dishes so I can give you my attention now. What are your questions?

Honestly, what you were doing seems like a way better use of your time. You should just go back to that. I’m sure you missed a spot.

Alas, you make a good point. Helping you try to understand a complex issue is a waste of time.

I asked a question. Why are you too scared to answer? I will ask again. Are you confusing a headline by writers at a school website in the communications division as an argument by actual scientists doing scientific studies? Do you really not understand the difference?

The Work From Home Elite, who have artificially inflated and overhyped the pandemic for purposes of prolonging their going-on-2-years semi-vacation. They have stayed home, working roughly 3 hours per day, while touting the misconceptions that everyone else is staying home and dying. However, as has been the case since the outset, most of the world has continued as normal. But in their social media-driven bubble, the pandemic rules the world and dictates all present and future behavior. It is an amazing case of false reality that has steered the country off a cliff. It is amazing to watch how gullible and malleable people really are, it has basically become a cult of its own.

Some of this really IS true.

It’s as though RJ leaving the boards created a senseless outrage vacuum…

The Work From Home Elite, who have artificially inflated and overhyped the pandemic for purposes of prolonging their going-on-2-years semi-vacation. They have stayed home, working roughly 3 hours per day, while touting the misconceptions that everyone else is staying home and dying. However, as has been the case since the outset, most of the world has continued as normal. But in their social media-driven bubble, the pandemic rules the world and dictates all present and future behavior. It is an amazing case of false reality that has steered the country off a cliff. It is amazing to watch how gullible and malleable people really are, it has basically become a cult of its own.

As someone who returned to the office in June 2020 and commutes 20 minutes a day on one of the busiest stretches of roadway in the country, I can tell you with absolute certainty that this is bullshit. Traffic didn't really get back to normal until this past fall.

So I went to the game on Saturday and now I have covid and I’m wondering who to call at the ticket office to discuss a potential cash settlement before I file suit.

So I went to the game on Saturday and now I have covid and I’m wondering who to call at the ticket office to discuss a potential cash settlement before I file suit.

Usually a free offer from Knight results in a different kind of infection.

How many infections do you need to get the free sub?

when Naz-T does the sprinkler, how much Covid is he gonna spray?

So apparently it's going to be a sellout crowd. Let's just hope its 75/25 Wake at least. I worry about all the blue hairs who "generously" gave their tickets away to K worshipers to enjoy his last appearance in the Joel.

We get variants because COVID gets to fester in unvaccinated people.

That may be true in some cases, such as through the incremental accumulation of mutants which are-individually-not inactivating but ultimately change the virus enough that it affects the clinical progression or in cases where single mutations in functionally important domains perceptibly affect clinical outcomes. However, big jumps to new variants have been also been reported during long-term infections in vaccinated but immune-compromised patients, which results in an arms race between impaired immune responses and a rapidly mutating virus. For example https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8462331/ or better yet: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8661643/. There is a credible argument this is the primary source for new variants that are distant from the alpha strain, and thus represent the greatest danger of immune escape/behavioral shift.

I say this just to point out that nuances exist in these data that make definitive statements (such as those thrown around elsewhere in this thread) partially correct or even misleading. These issues are complex and-even now-only partially understood, and few people have the ability to convey them accurately (*particularly journalists* as i have learned first-hand on several occasions).

Last edited:
Back