• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Vaccine or negative test requirement for bball games starting next week

And on the very few occasions I've had a vax card checked, they looked at it for 1-2 seconds and didn't check ID. It's a total waste of time.

The policy is in place to greatly decrease the number of unvaxxed individuals in the Joel, and it is obviously still working based on the question in this thread. Sure, somebody could fake a vax card, but what actually happens is that unvaxxed people just don't attend. And as you note, there is no inconvenience for vaxxed individuals - just 1-2 seconds of showing your card.

The policy is in place to greatly decrease the number of unvaxxed individuals in the Joel, and it is obviously still working based on the question in this thread. Sure, somebody could fake a vax card, but what actually happens is that unvaxxed people just don't attend. And as you note, there is no inconvenience for vaxxed individuals - just 1-2 seconds of showing your card.

lol that's just not true.

Over the past few years, I've noticed how the moment after the NCAAT brackets are announced (with us not on any of them), little by little, the Tunnels threads seem to slowly spill over onto the Sports threads.

It's been the one consistency on the boards for years.

I have zero interest in knowing anything about anyone's vaccination status.

On second thought, you are probably right. I doubt any "unvaxxed" have made their way into the Joel given the stringent security measures.

Over the past few years, I've noticed how the moment after the NCAAT brackets are announced (with us not on any of them), little by little, the Tunnels threads seem to slowly spill over onto the Sports threads.

It's been the one consistency on the boards for years.

Good analysis, but this thread was started in January.

The NCAA doesn't require participants to be vaccinated, btw.

Rafi, I appreciate everything you do for the athletics department, but his is an absolutely ridiculous premise, especially when we've moved past a mask mandate.

lol that's just not true.

Not in all cases, but certainly in some.

I was talking to an old colleague of mine at the State game. That was the first game he went to since the vax requirement set in. Believe it or not, there are a bunch of "my freedoms" fans out there who didn't show up out of principle.

I was talking to an old colleague of mine at the State game. That was the first game he went to since the vax requirement set in. Believe it or not, there are a bunch of "my freedoms" fans out there who didn't show up out of principle.

That was my impression as well - it kept a lot of the "my freedoms" folks away.

Can attend games when you are part of a trucker convoy. Beep beep my freedoms mother fuckers!

Make this event $15 All You Can Drink with your Vax Card and maybe two more people will get vaccinated.

Of course Wake will run out of beer for the 2,400 people who show up.

Make this event $15 All You Can Drink with your Vax Card and maybe two more people will get vaccinated.

Of course Wake will run out of beer for the 2,400 people who show up.

Cap it at 6 beers or wine, like the WS Dash does. And still would probably get a few more peeps vaxxed.

100% no COVID test or vax card.

Back