• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Vaccine or negative test requirement for bball games starting next week

We get variants because COVID gets to fester in unvaccinated people. Vaccination has been a group project for centuries. Get vaccinated and end the disease. It’s only within the last year that people see vaccination as an individual effort.

This is correct. We have a large percentage of selfish members of our society who have no interest in anyone but themselves.

We get variants because COVID gets to fester in unvaccinated people. Vaccination has been a group project for centuries. Get vaccinated and end the disease. It’s only within the last year that people see vaccination as an individual effort.

Horse shit. This isn't smallpox or measles. We aren't going to end it. We are going to manage it, much like the flu. Eventually it will become as relevant as the flu. Vaccination obviously helps with severity, but it isn't going to end it. If you want to wait until they actually develop a smallpox like eradication vaccine with Covid-19, don't expect the rest of the world to have the same amount of patience. I'd rather not have to endure the last two years during the remaining (hopefully) decades I have on this earth.

Variants are going to pop up in both the vaccinated and unvaccinated when all is said and done. Omicron is started to look like a pathway out of the current madness.

But you both show a gross misunderstanding of things. Yes. Me being vaccinate/boosted keeps me from worrying about dying. However, he continues to be wrong about vaccinated getting covid (even Omicron) at rates equal to the unvaccinated. That's just wrong. And thus, the unvaccinated will continue to allow the virus to replicate and mutate. And they'll also overrun the hospitals and prevent routine care (I can't do elective inpatient surgery starting tomorrow) And soon enough we'll have a nice virus that our vaccines don't work against. And the rubes will say it was all a scam from the beginning. When they never did a damn thing to help try and slow this thing down. So yeah. I'm vaxed. Boosted. And very likely good to go. But it's called PUBLIC health for a reason.

Why aren't you listening to the science?

The results of this study, reported in the journal Cell, indicate that traditional dosing regimens of COVID-19 vaccines available in the United States do not produce antibodies capable of recognizing and neutralizing the Omicron variant.

https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2022/01/no-omicron-immunity-without-booster-study-finds/

With Omicron being the dominant variant, requiring proof of vaccination is largely security theater.

Horse shit. This isn't smallpox or measles. We aren't going to end it. We are going to manage it, much like the flu. Eventually it will become as relevant as the flu. Vaccination obviously helps with severity, but it isn't going to end it. If you want to wait until they actually develop a smallpox like eradication vaccine with Covid-19, don't expect the rest of the world to have the same amount of patience. I'd rather not have to endure the last two years during the remaining (hopefully) decades I have on this earth.

Variants are going to pop up in both the vaccinated and unvaccinated when all is said and done. Omicron is started to look like a pathway out of the current madness.

I was working in NY when the following occurred. It became an issue becuase of people refusing to get vaccinated for a disease that was eradicated from the US. I agree we are not eliminating Covid the more opportunities it has to spread the more chances for a new mutated variant that makes the vaccines useless.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1912514

BTW, all I said I would do is stay home and watch the games on tv. For that, I was called all kinds names and curse words. I got vaccinated, my children are vaccinated my grandchildren are not because they are not old enough and my father was vaccinated and got Covid-19 and died from it. I was accused of all sorts of things that I never spoke about. What is wrong with you people? Are you so hateful that you care whether I watch the games of tv?

It appears that some of the self proclaimed smartest in the room are the ones that can't have an intelligent conversation but have to resort to the name calling.

I did. It contradicts what you said. That's why I posted it.

c60de95f1c59600909a39ad74e663688.jpg

You’ll have to forgive WakeBored. The internet trolls he got that link from didn’t actually read the article.

Lmao...love it when someone I know has expertise in a science matter gets to play with some keyboard warrior.

See that’s impressive because I would’ve just walked away from this thread and waited for people to forget that happened.

But you both show a gross misunderstanding of things. Yes. Me being vaccinate/boosted keeps me from worrying about dying. However, he continues to be wrong about vaccinated getting covid (even Omicron) at rates equal to the unvaccinated. That's just wrong. And thus, the unvaccinated will continue to allow the virus to replicate and mutate. And they'll also overrun the hospitals and prevent routine care (I can't do elective inpatient surgery starting tomorrow) And soon enough we'll have a nice virus that our vaccines don't work against. And the rubes will say it was all a scam from the beginning. When they never did a damn thing to help try and slow this thing down. So yeah. I'm vaxed. Boosted. And very likely good to go. But it's called PUBLIC health for a reason.

Thank you.

The massive worldwide unvaccinated population provides the virus billions of opportunities to infect and mutate. Getting the world population vaccinated will be necessary to limit the development of variants.

Lawyers, particularly insurance defense attorneys, love to split hairs in a disingenuous way. I’ll listen to he doctor.

Lawyers, particularly insurance defense attorneys, love to split hairs in a disingenuous way. I’ll listen to he doctor.

One man’s hair splitting is another man’s precision. To each his own, I guess.

Or, you could just read the damned article yourself. This isn’t rocket surgery, and you don’t need to have taken Dr. Kuhn’s Immunology course to get it.

Oh, and for the record, I’m not an insurance defense attorney. Good job, good effort though.

LOL. He couldn’t resist splitting hairs on the way out.

Like all vaccines, these vaccines would be more effective if more people took them. Players can make shots but the team wins the game. Same principle with individual and community vaccination. Right now, our team has players who won’t get their shots and our team can’t win.

Pro Humanitate…?

Back