• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 College Football “Way Too Early” Rankings

WakeCLT

Reaction score
I’ve always loved Joel Klatt

You love to see it. Doubt too many of us would even have us that high!

Broken record at this point but Alabama could be scary next year. That running back from GT that they took out of the portal looks filthy.

awesome. would love for us to push a media narrative about how we are returning the bulk of our team while bringing back a number of would be starters who missed the year with injury (greene, nash but even coby davis and chase monroe)

I know we aren't exactly heavily involved in it but we do need a few guys things like this should help us with portal recruiting

That is an excellent first step. Get top 10 in these random polls. Win and stay in. Much easier to stay in than get in.

That is an excellent first step. Get top 10 in these random polls. Win and stay in. Much easier to stay in than get in.

Yep. He seems to be the one person so far who realizes that Hartman wasn’t a senior and that CBS leaving doesn’t mean a ton.

Nice. Gotta wonder if A&M and Wake both make it if A&M didn’t bail on the Gator Bowl.

Last edited:

Also, look at the teams that are NOT listed here…..Ie teams that we are ranked ahead of in this poll.
Oklahoma
Penn State
So Cal
Oregon
LSU
Nebraska
FSU
Florida
Texas

Who would ever think that LOWF would be ranked ahead of all these traditional powers?
It’s a new world folks.

Unless Clemson finds a QB they are too high IMHO.

Yeah this is huge. If we can start ~15 we should be ranked the whole season if we have another good year. Clawson should have earned the benefit of the doubt by now.

it’s January and I’m hype for next year’s team.

Yeah this is huge. If we can start ~15 we should be ranked the whole season if we have another good year. Clawson should have earned the benefit of the doubt by now.

it’s January and I’m hype for next year’s team.

As long as Hartman is running the show, Wake offense is gonna put up points. Lambert just needs to get the D to around 40 something in FBS.

Okay. Great. But that doesn't mean Clemson is #6 with a "promising" true freshman QB. This combined with the fact that both coordinators have left.

I'd put them in the top 15 but nowhere near #6.

unfortunately it looks like clemson will be a no-brainer top 10 team. tbh they were pretty certainly a top 10 team this year (borderline at worst) and were really young. hopefully the turnover at coordinator messes them up. would love to get them pretty early next year — could be the first ever top 10 matchup at home (well, really home or away) for us

I love it. Now let’s live up to it. As a Wake baseball fan, preseason hype scares me.

Need to get these rankings all over social media and hit the portal hard, especially for veteran defenders. Next year is probably the last year we have a real chance of doing something special for awhile.

And by special, I mean making the playoff because nothing else matters in CFB at this point.

Back