• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 College Football “Way Too Early” Rankings

interesting to have pitt that high with pickett gone

I think they have a ton of guys returning. I didn't see the Peach bowl, but is their QB2 any good? IIRC, he got hurt as well and their QB3 played decently in that game.

I think they have a ton of guys returning. I didn't see the Peach bowl, but is their QB2 any good? IIRC, he got hurt as well and their QB3 played decently in that game.

Looks like Pitt's QB is going to former USC QB Kedon Slovis. He transferred to Pitt after Riley took the Trojan job. Slovis was the Pac 12 Freshman of the Year in 2019, and 1st team all-Pac 12 in 2020. That said, he was pretty awful this past season.

Stewart Mandel has Wake #15
https://theathletic.com/3061619/2022/01/11/stewart-mandels-too-early-top-25-for-the-2022-college-football-season?source=user-shared-article

ETA:

15. Wake Forest (11-3)
Dave Clawson’s Deacons finished No. 5 nationally in scoring offense (41.0 PPG) and will bring back QB Sam Hartman, five O-line starters, No. 1 WR A.T. Perry and 2020 starter Donavon Greene, who missed the season. Clawson hired Purdue DC Brad Lambert, a former Wake assistant, to fix the nation’s No. 92 defense. Several key super seniors depart, but DL Rondell Bothroyd should be one of the ACC’s top pass-rushers.

Of course Clemson #8, Wolfpack #9 and Pitt #11.

Last edited:
I have to believe this type of national attention, almost nine months before kickoff, helps us immensely with at least having conversations with 4 and 5 star players. Not saying we'll get any but at least it puts us at the table for a serious conversation.

Gives Clawson and team the tools. "Oh yeah, we were called LOWF at one point. But, seriously, how would you like to play for a top 10 team with some of the best facilities in college football?"

Why in the fuck is UNC listed in the same sentence as Clemson?

Because we lost to two ACC teams on the road last year and we play them at home this year.

Because we lost to two ACC teams on the road last year and we play them at home this year.

No way! Thanks for that clarification.

Silly to mention a 6 win UNC program when it comes to our expectations next year. Our season will be defined by how we do at Raleigh and home vs Clemson.

No way! But playing State on the road isn’t an example of how our schedule is easier than last year.

I'm gonna venture a guess that when we beat UNC at home next year our fans won't storm the field like the Hole fans did. Damn I love showing my Hole friends that pic whenever they say Wake is not a rival of UNC and that game was an expected win.

i'm just glad howell will be moving on

he really destroyed our defense

It's going to be fun watching Wake start so high next year vs having to continue to climb up the polls. It's really going to throw the spotlight on WF like no other year.

Back